Chapter 3: Melodies and Somber moods

Charles, Ellie, Calvin, Konrad, Victoria, June, Dave, and Johnny wants to help Henry but Rupert does not. However, a little convincing from Dave makes Rupert changed his mind about helping Henry and discovered something new about himself.

The next day, Henry was so tired. He didn't sleep for the rest of last night because he didn't want an another nightmare. He went to take a shower and clean up the mess from last night, he went to the kitchen to get something to eat but he wasn't feeling hungry. He just got ready and headed out to the base. Once he got there, he was not in a good mood.  

Johnny was talking to June when he saw Henry walked past him, he noticed Henry's appearance and body language. He can tell Henry was not in a jovial mood, he also looked liked he hadn't slept well. Johnny frowned at him while June was watching him, they were now worried for Henry. Henry ignored them while he walked past them, he past by the Bukowski twins and Victoria.

Charles, Ellie, and Rupert were talking when they spotted Henry walking. Charles and Ellie expected Henry to come over to them but were surprised that he walked past them, Rupert was also surprised at Henry's attitude. They all watched as Henry walked into a different direction, Dave was walking towards them when he saw Henry walked past them. Dave was shocked when Henry didn't join Charles, Ellie, and Rupert. 

Dave joined the group while they were still in shock on over Henry's behavior, "Is there something wrong with Henry?" he asked.

"I guess so." replied Charles, sadly. 

"I talked to him yesterday." added Ellie. "He seemed off."

"Off? How?" questioned Charles. 

"I feel like he's hiding something from us." replied Ellie, sadly.

Dave, Charles, and Ellie were discussing Henry's behavior while Rupert was watching them with annoyed expression, Rupert grumbled lowly while they were still discussing Henry's behavior but Ellie heard him. Ellie glanced at him and she saw an annoyed expression, she was wondering why he was annoyed.

"What's your problem, Rupert?" she asked, angrily.

Charles and Dave glanced at Rupert and Ellie, Ellie was staring at Rupert while tapping her foot impatiently. Rupert looked annoyed while not facing Ellie, "Well?" she said, angrily.

Before Rupert can think before speaking, he decided to say something he will regret later. 

"Why are you guys doing this?" questioned Rupert, nonchalantly. "Why bother helping Henry?"

As soon as he said that, he saw everyone's expressions. If looks could kill...he would be already dead. Ellie and Charles were very angry with Rupert while Dave wasn't even looking at him, Rupert then heard a cough and he turned around to find Johnny and June staring at him in shock. 

"What?" said Charles, lowly.

"Care to repeat that?" added Ellie, livid.

Before Rupert can say anything back, Victoria and the twins came into the group. They saw the group and wondered what's going on. Victoria wanted to ask what's going on but stopped when someone started shouting at Rupert, everyone saw Dave with an angry expression on his face.

"Really, Rupert!?" exclaimed Dave, angrily. His anger startled Rupert and Johnny. 

"I know you and him had a history together but you have to let go of that!" he continued, still angry. "He's reformed now! He's been helping us since he joined us and he needs our help, so get rid if your stupid grudge against him!"

After Dave was done, he was panting heavily while staring at Rupert in anger. Everyone stared at Dave in shock and Rupert was surprised at Dave's outburst, before he can apologized to Dave, Dave went to find Henry while Johnny followed him, Charles and Ellie also followed them, and the twins tag along with them. Victoria and Rupert were the only ones left, Rupert exhaled a sharp breath while Victoria reached a comforting hand to him but he left in the opposite direction.