Chapter 20: A Miserable Time

While Henry is still in his subconscious, he recalls a memory from when he was hanging out with Calvin. Henry watches a memory that Calvin was teasing him about Rupert, and meanwhile with Calvin and the gang; everyone's at a loss.

Still In Henry's subconscious

Henry closed his eyes as he sobbed, seeing all those memories made him more miserable by the second. Why is he seeing these memories? Why? Why is he suffering right now? He kept sobbing until he heard a voice, a mischievous familiar voice.  

"You really disgust me, Henry..." Calvin said, in annoyance. "Hanging out with you is soo boring! We come here literally every freaking day!"

Henry opened his eyes as he looked at the memory that was now playing on the mirror.

"Tsk! You're crybaby, Calvin! You spend all day in the same spot! What's the difference?" Henry asked, annoyed at Calvin.

Henry turned his eyes away from the memory as he listened. He felt a bit angry.

"Seriously... you come here everyday to wait for him like a dog!" Calvin said. "It's like if you need him to breath or something! Damn Henry... he promise to come back!"

"First of all, I'm not waiting for Charles! He's my best friend! I care about my friends unlike you!" Henry replied, angrily.

As soon as he said that, he saw Calvin's expression changed from an annoyed to a smug look. "Oh no,no, no... oh, Henry... I'm not talking about Charles." Calvin said, smiling while his tone sound smug. 

"W-Why are you looking at me like that?" Henry questioned, anxiously as he saw Calvin was giving him a smug grin.

"You are so easy to read, Henry... Excuse me if I sound disgusting but that's freaking cute! But being so oblivious...it's ridiculous." Calvin replied, teasing.

"He.... already knew..." Henry whispered, in shock as he watched his memory.

"W-What do you mean?" Henry asked, still anxiously as he bowed his head down.

"Oh gosh, Henry... okay, sweetie... let's pretend that the thorn is finally coming after so long. Right here right now..." Calvin explained, still in a smug tone. "What are you gonna tell him?"

Henry was about to answer Calvin until he got interrupted, "Are gonna tell him that everyday you waited for him like the most loyal dog? And your heart never stop beating so fast with the thought of both running to hug each other after so long and all of that bullshit? Hahahahahaha!" he laughed, as he teased Henry.

"Shut Up, Calvin!!! Obviously I wouldn't do that!!! It's weird!!" spluttered Henry, in frustration as his face became warm and red.

"Hehehehe.... weirdo."

"I just want to see my friends, Calvin!!! I don't think it's a crime!!!" 

Henry turned his head away from Calvin in anger,  "A crime? Mmh it's true." Calvin replied, still in a smug tone. "To other people's view... your special treatment to Rupert can be consider a crime."

Henry's eyes were wide open as he heard that, "You're a bully, Calvin!!! Stop teasing me! I hate when you talk to me like that!" he yelled, at Calvin in anger and embarrassment.

"Silly little diamond.." Calvin said.

"A crime..." Henry replied, in sadness.

"Okay, okay I will stop to -tease- you... but that means you don't have to come here and wait for that sucker everyday..." Calvin smiled. "Or what... are you waiting something from Rupert?"

Henry froze from Calvin's question, he had a feeling that Calvin knows about his secret crush on Rupert. He didn't want to tell Calvin about his secret crush, the last thing that he want is to tell Calvin and he will blab to everyone. And if it reaches Rupert...he didn't want to think of the circumstances, he didn't want Rupert to hate him more than he already did. Henry didn't answer Calvin as Calvin waited for a response, Henry was not ready to tell him about his feelings for Rupert...not yet.

Henry was sad, really sad as he turned away from the memory, he was sweating and puts his hands where his heart was.

"I just want to feel his arms around me... is that too much to ask? To want him to hug me, to whisper that everything will be okay, to cuddle me, to make me feel special and beautiful... loved?" Henry said, in sadness. "But what is my illusions turns to be the worst dream of the whole world? Please Calvin... stop being so cruel, stop trying to make me think with logic... because if I start to see everything in logic, I will see the truth and that truth can be a lethal weapon that could destroy me from inside... I want to keep dreaming."

End of Henry's Subconscious

While Henry was stuck in his mind, he was still unconscious from the outside world. He was sleeping on the medical bed, the heart monitors were keeping track of his heartbeat and vitals. He was wearing a hospital gown and an oxygen mask to help him with his breathing. Henry let out a tear out of his sleeping form while still trapped in his own mind, Calvin was in the medical room near Henry's bed while Rupert, Johnny, Charles explained what happened earlier to the General.

Calvin was sitting on a chair next to Henry's bed, the doctor ordered him to get back to his own med room to rest cause he was not supposed to be out and about. He was still injured himself and he needs rest. Calvin didn't care that he got more injured, Henry and Rupert needed his help, and he glad he got out of bed. Calvin glanced at Henry's unconscious form, "Henry..." he murmured, sadly. "All of this happened because you wanted to feel "loved"... Geez you silly diamond.

"But... he suffered too much for being... he just wanted to feel... special? Loved?" Calvin thought to himself. "Why didn't I tried to stop him for real? That Dominic prick was indeed a sucker... and i knew it, damn... I'm an idiot."

As Calvin was brooding about how he was an idiot for not helping Henry, he hears the sound of the medical room door opening. He turns around to see the person who just entered and he shook his head. 

"What the f-?!?!"Calvin cursed, as he was startled by the person's appearance.

"Uuuuggh!!! Freaking hell, Rupert!! Seriously!" he said, in disgust.

 Rupert was standing in the doorway, he wasn't wearing his jacket. He only had his black tank top, cargo pants, and dog tags around his neck. He wasn't wearing his hat while his injured arm had a sling, and he had a black that he didn't get from Dominic. Calvin raised an eyebrow at that until he remembered he saw two men with the General, they were Henry's dads. Calvin noticed Rupert looked...miserable and sad.

"Remind me to not piss off Henry's dads..." Calvin muttered, as he shook his head again. "Ever!"