Chapter 4

The same day

Elijah pov

Mia had fallen asleep on my chest. 

I didn't want to wake her, so I stayed, taking in every moment while I could. I stroked her cheek moving a strand of hair out of her face and kissed her forehead. 

I quietly moved Mia's head onto the pillow and got out of bed. I put my clothes back on, walked over to the door, turning around taking one last look at her. 

I thought to myself,  'Goodbye Mia, sleep well. I wish we could do this again.'

I couldn't afford to lose control of myself with Mia. I cared about her too much. I've never been this worried about losing control. Well not for a very long time. There was just something about her that made me extra cautious.

I closed my bedroom door behind me to give Mia some privacy. I made my way downstairs, walking into the kitchen. As I entered the kitchen, I was starving. 

I opened the fridge, grabbed a blood bag then closed the door. I tore the top of the bag with my teeth with ravenous hunger and became sated by savouring every drop. 

As the bag opened, the smell of blood burned through my nose and made my mouth water.

I closed my eyes, taking in the sensational taste of the blood. Within seconds, I finished wiping the corner of my mouth, making sure I didn't miss a drop of blood.

-----------

Mia pov

I woke up stretching my arms out and realised Elijah wasn't in bed beside me anymore. It felt empty, as the bed felt too big now that Elijah wasn't there.

I got up out of the bed and wrapped the towel that was on the floor around me. I made my way back to the room where we had the sleepover.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to my bag. I grabbed my red dress from my bag, put it on and slipped my white ballet flats on. 

I finished getting dressed, packed my stuff up and made my way down the stairs to my car. I made my way down the stairs, turning the corner I bumped into Elijah. 

"oh I'm sorry"

I looked up to see it was once again Elijah. I couldn't help but wonder if he had planned this. 

"mia we have to stop bumping into each other like this"

I blushed as I looked at the ground. Elijah lifted my head, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"Goodbye Elijah"

I kissed him on the cheek before turning around walking down the rest of the stairs.

I left frayas house and made my way to the shops to get some groceries then headed back to my house. I didn't notice I had left my phone at frayas house.

-----------

Elijah's pov

The same day

I threw the empty blood bag in the bin and went upstairs to take a shower. I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. Stepping into the shower the hot water hit my skin. I still couldn't get Mia out of my mind. 

I thought to myself, 'God having sex with Mia was incredible. I've never had sex like that before with a human. I know she said we couldn't do it again but that's all I can think about. I needed her. I want her.'