Chapter 8

Mia's Pov

After we left the hospital Claire decided to sleep over at my house to make sure that everything is okay with me. 

We spent the whole evening watching movies, eating popcorn and so much ice cream. The next morning I was woken by the sun glaring in through my white curtains. Pulling my blanket up over my head I tried to fall back asleep but now that I'm awake I can't. 

Sitting up in bed my entire body still hurts but that is not going to make me stay in bed. I stood up quietly making my way down the hallway, past the guest bedroom where Claire was sleeping. 

I was feeling nauseous so I strolled into the kitchen and I opened the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of apple juice because it always seemed to calm my nerves and it settled my stomach. 

Strolling over to the couch I sat down taking a sip of my juice. I love the peace and quiet in the morning, just me and my thoughts. Well it won't last, within a month it won't be quiet anymore. Won't be much time to go out and do my own things during the day.

After I finished my juice I stood up making my way into the kitchen and tossed the empty bottle in the bin. Within a few minutes I felt my stomach churning, for once the juice didn't help. I tried to be quiet as I ran down the hallway to the bathroom holding my hand over my mouth. 

Opening the door I sprinted over kneeling on the ground over the toilet and started vomiting. Within a few seconds I heard Claire's footsteps heading towards me. She kneeled down beside me, pulling my hair up out of my face and started rubbing my back. 

A few minutes later I flushed the toilet and stood up walking over to the sink splashing some water on my face. Then I turned my attention to Claire who took a step back.

"Are you okay?" Claire asked.

"Yeah I'm fine"

"So what are we going to do today?"

"Well I'm not staying cooped up in bed all day. I want to go out and get some fresh air," I replied

"Okay, as long as it isn't too much. You know you have to rest for two days"

"I'm going to have a shower"

"Okay"

Claire stepped closer to me giving me a hug then started to walk over to the door. I smiled at Claire watching her walk away. Claire stopped at the door and turned around to face me.

"Oh I looked through your fridge and I'm going to make bacon and scrambled eggs. Do you want toast with it?" Claire asked.

"Yumm, yes I usually have two slices of toast"

"Okay it will be ready when your finished"

Should I tell her now? Is now the right time to tell her my secret?  It was too late Claire had closed the door. I guess when I'm dressed and then I will tell her.

I stripped down stepping into the shower turning the water on. The hot water hit my skin, my body still aches but with the hot water it is relieving the pain. 

I washed my entire body wondering how I should tell Claire and how she would react. Soon I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower then I wrapped my towel around me. 

Opening the bathroom door, I made my way back into my bedroom and closed the door. Today I wanted to go out for a walk and get some fresh air. I strolled over to my wardrobe, opened it and looked through all my clothes. 

I pulled out my black floral off shoulder shirt and my short white skirt matched it with my thin silver belt. Once dressed I walked back into my bathroom picking up my pink hair brush and brushed my long thick hair. Pulling my long hair back into a low bun then I grabbed my strawberry lip balm and put it on my dry lips.