Chapter 12

Elijah's Pov

I watched as Mia started to fall to the ground. I quickly scooped her up, taking her inside and kicked the door shut. I looked down at Mia and noticed she was completely drenched. 

"Guys mia's here"

"What really?" Asked Claire.

"Is she okay?" Fraya asked.

"Fraya go get a towel"

"Kk brb"

"Elijah please tell me, is she okay?" Claire asked.

A few seconds later Fraya came back with a towel in her hands.

"Lay it down on the couch fraya"

"Kk"

Once fraya put the towel down, I walked straight past them, placing her on the couch. I moved a strand of wet hair from her face when my mouth dropped. Her eye was swollen and black. Who the f*ck hit her? Whoever did this is going to pay.

"Elijah?"

"Yes Claire"

"Is she okay?"

I bite down on my tongue trying to control my temper , “No! she is hurt” I couldn’t bear to look the girls in the eyes. 

My eyes scanned Mia's body and noticed a few bruises on her arms and legs. What the f*ck happened to her? Whoever laid a hand on her is going to pay. They better watch out.

"Fraya, can you get a clean pair of clothes for Mia? I know she’s the same size as you. She is drenched and I don’t want her sleeping in wet clothes"

"Sure, bring her into my room. Claire, can you help me?"

"Sure'

A few minutes later Fraya called me into her room. I noticed Mia was out of the wet clothes and wearing a pair of comfortable shorts and a grey long sleeve cotton sweater. As I turned my attention away from Mia I saw the complete fear in both their eyes.

"What happened to her?" Fraya asked.

"She..she is covered in bruises, '' Claire stuttered.

"I don’t know but I am going to find out. But the first thing I’m going to do is call a doctor to come and check her out"

"Why don’t we take her to a hospital? She has to be checked" Asked Claire.

"Well in my opinion whoever did this I think they are still after her and it wouldn’t be safe"

We all walked out of the room into the lounge room and sat down. I sunk into the chair feeling defeated. Why did this have to happen to mia? She is the most kind and caring person I know. She wouldn't hurt a fly.

I knew she had to see a doctor but I couldn't take her to the hospital. Not with them out there. Shaking my head I pull my phone from my front pocket and scroll through my contacts.

My finger stopped on Jackson. I know he’s been out of town lately but I know he just got back last week. He works at the hospital every now and then and I knew I could count on him. He is a good mate of mine. He has been with us through a lot of ups and downs.

On phone

"Hey Jackson"

"Hey Elijah what's up?"

"Oh um there's a situation"

"Is everything okay?"

"No, no it's not"

"Do you want me to come over?"

"Yes and bring your doctors bag"

"Oh okay. I'll be there in 20"