13

Patrick's due date came and went, and he is still showing no signs of coming anytime soon. It's now May 23rd and here I am in the hospital getting induced. The Red Sox gave JD this series off as they were just going to Chicago for a three game series against the White Sox and then coming home. 

I went into the hospital at 6 am this morning and it is now 1 pm and this isn't getting any better for me. It's becoming so painful as they gave me Pitocin to help speed up the process of getting him here quicker. 

"You're doing great baby, he's going to be here before you know it." JD said helping me go through another contraction. "I know he is, but this shit is painful as fuck, I need the epidural." I said. "I'll go let the nurse know." He said kissing my forehead before leaving the room. 

"Patrick Asher, you're so fucking lucky I love you since you're causing me all this pain." I said rubbing my stomach. JD came back shortly after he left and it was perfect timing since another contraction had hit me. 

"I told the nurse and she's going to be in here in a minute to check you to make sure that you didn't go past a certain stage where you can't get the epidural." He said and I just nodded. "Hey there, heard you wanted the epidural?" The nurse asked and I nodded. "This is a lot." I said. 

"Alright let me check you to make sure that you can still get one." She said getting some gloves on. "Well I hate to break it to you, but on your next contraction you're going to have to push, he's right here and ready to come out. Hit the call button, we need everyone in here." She said. 

I pushed the call button and then the room was chaos trying to get everything ready for Patrick to come into this world. "Alright baby, you got this, let's meet our son." JD said holding my hand and kissing my forehead. 

"Thank god it's about time." I said. "Alright on your next contraction push." The doctor said. The next contraction hit and I pushed and let me tell you I felt EVERYTHING. "God fuck this hurts so bad." I said as I took a breath. 

"You're doing great babe, I promise he'll be here soon." JD said. "Push." The doctor said. "Alright the head is out, one more push Amanda you can do this." The doctor said. Another contraction hit and I pushed and all I heard was Patrick's cries throughout the room and it made me cry. 

"Baby boy is big." The doctor said placing him on my chest. "Oh hi sweet boy, momma's here. She's got you." I said rubbing his back. "Alright, let's get dad to cut the cord so we can get this sweet babe cleaned up." The nurse said and JD cut the cord and I smiled as he leaned down to kiss me. 

"You're so amazing, you took that like a champ. I'm so proud of you." He said. "I am proud of me too, I can't wait to show him off to everyone." I said and he smiled. "I got you something." He said after they were done cleaning me up. 

"You didn't have to get me anything." I said. "I did, you went a week past your due date and watching you be uncomfortable was the worst thing and I knew I needed to spoil you." He said getting out a long box for me to open. 

I opened it up and found a necklace with a J and P on it. "If and when the two of us have more kids, you'll be able to add their first initial to it as well. When I'm away, you can remember the necklace and always know I'm with you wherever you are." He said and I smiled. 

"I love you so much JD. Thank you." I said. "Alright here is your 8lb 9 oz baby boy! I would like to have a name so I can stop calling him baby boy." The nurse said coming back into the room. "Patrick Asher Martinez." I said. 

"Such a cute name!" She said writing everything down on the birth certificate. "Here you go and here is Patrick, congratulations the both of you." She said handing me Patrick and JD the birth certificate. 

Just as she was leaving, JD's phone and he showed me that Cora was facetiming him. "Hola JD, got any news for us?" Alex said and I smiled when he turned around and showed me and Patrick on the bed. 

"Amanda look at him! He's so big! When was he born?" Alex asked. "Just about two hours ago. 8lbs 9 oz, big boy." JD said. "He's so cute guys, we can't wait to meet him and see the both of you, we will let you guys be." Alex said, we both thanked him and JD hung up. 

"They're the best, just like a second family to the both of us, I couldn't be more thankful for them." I said and he smiled. "I don't want to anywhere, I want to finish my career in Boston, that's a fact." He said. 

"I know you do, but wherever you go, Patrick and I will follow, that's for sure." I said and he kissed me and then kissed Patrick. "I love you both so much, you are both my world." He said. 

amandaxoxo: Patrick Asher, you know how to make a grand entrance that's for sure. A week later than JD and I both wanted, but he's here and he's healthy and that's all we could ask for. 

jdmartinez28: This little 8lb 9oz boy has stolen my heart so quick. I love you Patrick Asher, I can't wait to watch you grow up. Amanda, you are nothing short of amazing and I can't thank you enough for brining this little man into the world.