5

"Congratulations Amanda, you are the new owner of this condo." The relator said as he handed me the keys. I sold my house in Connecticut a couple of days ago and I couldn't wait to get up here and now I have a condo, and all my stuff is in my car and ready to move in. 

"Hey there beautiful, what are you doing?" JD asked me as I was getting all of my stuff into the condo. "Well, getting moved in." I said as I looked around the living room. "Moved in? You got the condo?" He asked. "Yep, five minutes away from you! How's Seattle?" I asked as I sat on the floor, I don't have any furniture yet, so I have nothing to sit on. 

"It's great, gorgeous. Wish you were here to see it all." He said and I smiled. "Yeah well if I was there, I wouldn't be getting moved in and I wouldn't be seeing you soon." I said and he sighed. "I mean yeah you're right. Date when I get back, and it's going to be at your place." He said. 

"That is not a way to ask me on a date Julio Daniel." I said and he gasped on the other end of the phone. "Did you just use my full name on me?" He asked. "Why yes I did. I like to be asked out in a proper way, especially if it's going to be at my house and I have to cook, so in reality I should be the one asking you, so will you Julio Daniel, come over for dinner when you have time?" I asked and he laughed. 

"Yes Amanda, I will." He said and I couldn't help but smile. "Okay you need to go get ready for the game in Seattle, I'm staying up to watch and then have a safe flight to Minnesota. I'll talk to you soon." 

"Hold on, you're not getting rid of me that easily." He said and I laughed. "JD, I need to get back to unpacking. What is it?" I asked. "I really want to say thank you for making me happy these past couple months or whatever it is that we've been talking. I can't wait to see you." He said and yeah, that definitely made me blush.

"Well JD, thank you for helping me get out of one of the most toxic relationships I have ever been in." I said. "Alright, now I really have to get ready for the game. I'll text you when it's over." He said. "Alright, play good for me." I said and with that we hung up. 

I looked around the living room of my condo and I sighed, I couldn't wait to get everything set up and finally be happy here in Boston. As I was setting everything up in my bedroom, my phone rang and it was my mom. 

"Hey mom, what's up?" I asked as I put her on speaker as I continued to unpack all my clothes. "Just wondering how you're settling in." She asked. "It's going good. I've done the living room and I'm currently working on my bedroom and getting everything put away." I said. 

"Sweetie, you know I'm not fond of you moving just so quick." She said and I sighed. My mom has voiced her opinions many times when I told her that I broke up with Brandon and that I was moving to Boston so quickly. 

"Mom, you know it's always been my dream to move to Boston and just breaking up with Brandon triggered it. I needed to get away from everything. From Connecticut." I said as I sat down on the bed, taking a break from sorting out my clothes. 

"But I don't understand why you two broke up." She said. "He cheated. I cheated, that's that. It's been a long time coming now. We haven't been happy for over a year now and it was just our time. I know you liked Brandon, but it was finally time for me to be happy again." I said and I heard her sigh from the other end of the phone. 

"Amanda, I can't believe you cheated on him. Why didn't you tell me?" She asked. "That's not something every girl tells her mom. I only cheated because he did." I said. "Are you with someone now?" She asked, wow she doesn't get online much, otherwise she would've seen the pictures of me and JD. 

"I mean, yeah and I know. I have a date with a guy when he gets home." I said. "Who is he? And where is he?"She asked, my mother needs to know everything and it's quite annoying. "His name is JD and he's currently in Seattle for work." I'm not telling her that he is a MLB player, she'll have my head. 

"As long as he's nice and that you don't sleep with him right away." She said and I groaned. "Mom, I wasn't planning on it thanks." I said. "I just want my little girl to be safe." She said. "I will mom, I'm gonna get back to unpacking, I love you." I said. 

"I love you too sweetie." I hung up and sighed and turned my laptop on so I could watch the game because I didn't have cable, or a TV yet. Getting things for the condo are on my list of things to do for this week. 

JD and the guys ended up winning 9-3 and now everyone was going to have a happy flight off to Minnesota. As I was getting ready for bed, my phone buzzed and JD had texted me. 

"If you're sleeping right now, sorry if I woke you up. Just wanted to text you before we got on the plane. Sleep good." I smiled. "Not sleeping, stayed up and finished unpacking my bedroom while watching the game, sleep good on the plane, I will talk to you tomorrow."

She was beyond lucky to have a guy that was willing to check on her even when he's a major league player and had many other things to worry about. That's how she knew he was a keeper.