2

Waking up in a random bed is never a good thing when you were drunk the night before. But in Amanda's case, she knew exactly where she was and what happened the night before.

She let out a groan as she reached out in hopes for finding her phone. When she realized she didn't fall asleep in bed last night, she knew her phone was in the living room. She couldn't believe she fell asleep on JD Martinez last night and that she was in his apartment right now.

She went down to the living room to find her phone on the couch and she saw texts from her mom and Brandon.

Mom: you need to text Brandon, he's worried sick about you. I don't know what you're doing right now, but please be careful. She rolled her eyes and sent her a response. Mom I'm fine, I got drunk last night and spent the night with someone I met at the game, it's also a girl, stop worrying.

Brandon: babe you need to get home, I miss you. I'm sorry for speculating that you were cheating please come home, I love you. She laughed out loud, what a freaking suck up. I'll be home later today.

Truth is, she didn't want to go home. She wishes she could pack up everything and move to Boston and begin a new life. She heard footsteps and looked over at the stairs to see JD.

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" He asked her. "I think that's the best sleep I've gotten in awhile." She said and he smiled. "I have to be at the field by 2, do you want to go and get breakfast?" He asked.

"I would love that, where can I put these clothes?" She asked. "You can keep the shirt, just leave the shorts on the bed." He said going back up to his room and getting dressed.

Amanda went back up to the guest bedroom to put on the jeans she had on the night before and tied the shirt up so it didn't look like he was homeless. She went into the bathroom and washed her face, she hated not wearing makeup, but without her bag, she had no choice.

"You look good in my shirt." JD said and it made her blush. "And you look amazing without makeup. Not a lot of girls have natural beauty like you do." He said to her as well.

"Are you trying to make me fall in love with you?" She asked and he laughed. "Is it working?" He asked as the walked out to his car. "Maybe." She said with a smile. "Then maybe I am" He said while getting in the drivers seat.

The face that he openly admitted that he was trying to make her fall in love with him worried her. "You seem worried." He said as he pulled up to the little diner and she looked at him, he actually was concerned about her well being and how she felt. 

"I am. Because in the short time that I have known you, you've cared about me more than my boyfriend has in the years that we've been dating. I really don't know how to feel about it." She said. 

"I don't know why you've been treated so bad. But I seriously want to change that, but it's way too fast. I need you to end things with your boyfriend before you and I get into something." He said. 

"I don't know if I can, I really think he'll go and do something crazy if I leave him and go with you. I don't want him hurting you, even though he can't because you're a lot bigger than he is. But I kind of like this whole sneaking around thing." She said and he laughed. 

"I do too, but I don't want to be the home wrecker when he does find out what we're doing." He said. "You're not a home wrecker, I guess I would be for having an affair of whatever it is with you." She said with a smile. 

"I mean if that is what you want, then I'm down for it, but how often would I see you?" He asked. "I haven't figured that out yet. If I come up here every weekend he's going to get suspicious and start questioning me and I don't want that yet. I took the summer off of work to travel, so I can always travel with you guys." She said and when she said she would travel with him, his face lit up. 

"What? You seem happy." She said with a laugh. "I am, because you said that you were willing to travel to see me." He said and she smiled. "I mean I've always wanted to see all the baseball stadiums, so this is a good way to do that." 

"Well are we just going to sit in this parking lot, or are we going to go in and eat?" JD asked pointing to the diner and they both laughed. "I guess we should huh?" She asked as she got out of his car and both made their way into the restaurant. 

The two of them couldn't get enough of each other, the way they talked to each other it seemed like that had been best friends for life and that they were totally a couple. But they both knew they couldn't do anything about it. 

"So when will I see you again?" JD asked as they were now at Fenway as Amanda was getting ready to go back home to see Brandon. "I'll see you when you guys come back from Tampa, which I wish I was going to because I love the beach, but I have my last few days of my job." She said. 

He brought her into a hug. "On Benintendi bobble head night you'll be here?" He asked and she laughed. "Of course, wouldn't miss getting another bobble head to add to my collection." She said and he laughed. 

"Here, put your number in here and I'll text you when I get home. You may be getting ready for the game, but I'll still text you." Amanda said as she handed him her phone. "Please be safe." He said as he handed her back her phone and brought her into another hug. 

"I'm gonna have tickets sent to you for all the home games, if you can't make it to every one that's okay. I'll also try to get you ones for the away games as well, the ones you can go to." JD said. 

"You don't have to do that. You've been so nice to me, I don't know how I can repay you." She said. "You don't have to repay me, you also deserve it." He said and she smiled. "I'll see you next Friday." She said as she got into her car and watched JD in the rearview mirror as she drove off towards home.