6

JD and the guys had a tough time in Minnesota only winning one of the three games and then they came home and won the series against the Mariners and watching the game that was 14-10 was amazing and Fenway was buzzing and it was one of the best games that I've been to. 

It was an off day for the guys and then they play the Angels for three games and then they leave for New York, D.C., and Kansas City. It's going to be a long road trip without JD at home, but I think that I'm going to head down to D.C. for the fourth and spend it with JD. 

Tonight, JD was coming over for dinner and I was excited for him to see my condo and for us to finally have some alone time together. "Mom, how long do you cook chicken in the oven?" I asked over the phone getting everything ready for JD to be here. 

"Sweetie, if you don't know this by now, you're never going to know." She said and I sighed. I love to cook, I just don't know how long to cook things for. "Mom, this is why I have you, you're supposed to help me!" I said and she laughed. 

"You cook chicken for 45 minutes, I love you and have a good date." She said. "I love you too mom, thank you for everything you do for me." I said and we hung up. There was a knock on my door and I was nowhere near ready for JD to be here. 

I went over and opened the door and was met with a smiling JD and flowers. "JD! You didn't have to get me flowers." I said taking them from him and letting him in. "Of course I did, you're having me over for dinner, it's right that I bring something." He said and I smiled and went into the kitchen and put them in a vase. 

"Is that what you're wearing?" He asked and I looked down and laughed. "What you don't like it?" I asked and his eyes went wide. "No, that's not what I meant.." He said and I laughed. "JD, I'm kidding, you're early and was gonna hop in the shower when you got here. Make yourself comfortable and I'll be back." I said and went into my room and picked out an outfit before getting into the shower and then getting ready. 

I opted for a romper and left my hair wet and down and didn't do any makeup because that's how JD likes it, no makeup. "Ah, so you're taking my advice and wearing no makeup." He said as I came out into the living room. "Of course, why would I wear makeup when I know you don't like it?" I asked. 

He shrugged his shoulders and I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. "I've missed you." I said as I pulled away. "God, I've missed you too." He said going back in to kiss me. "Mm, as much as would love to continue this, I need to finish cooking dinner." I said getting up and going into the kitchen. 

"Why do you start something you can't finish?" He asked from the living room. "Well my friend, you actually started this one, so I should be asking you, why did you start something you can't finish JD?" I asked from the kitchen. 

Next thing I know, there are arms around my waist. "Well because I can't get enough of you baby." He said as he kissed my neck. "JD, you know I still want to wait." I said and he sighed and let go of me. 

"Baby, why?" He asked and I sighed. "You know, I just got out of a relationship and I told you. I really don't want you to be the rebound guy. It's only been two weeks." I said. "Two weeks too long!" He exclaimed and I didn't want this to turn into an argument. 

He obviously wants to have sex and I'm not willing to give that up to him yet. "Why won't you have sex with me? Is it because you don't like me?" He asked. "JD, you know I like you. I just like to wait until we're official and since I'm fresh out of a relationship, I want to date, dating means no sex for a little bit." I said kissing him. 

"Fine fine, I get it. You're lucky you're really cute and I like you." He said kissing my forehead and letting me finish cooking dinner. "I didn't know you could cook." He asked after he took a bite of the food. "There's a lot you don't know about me JD." I said and he laughed. 

"Well tell me about yourself." He said and I sighed. "Well Brandon was the only relationship I've ever been in, I went to school for sports medicine, I don't have any siblings, my parents are divorced." 

"Whoa whoa, back up, you went to school for sports medicine?" He asked and I nodded. "We're looking for a new PT, I could try and see if they would get you in for an interview." He said and my eyes lit up. 

"That would be amazing JD! Thank you so much! I feel like if I got that job we wouldn't be able to be together." I said and he sighed. "Yeah, that would be the downside of it, but we would make it work." He said. 

"So you want to be with me?" I asked. "Of course, when I first picked you up that night outside of Fenway, I knew you were the one. You didn't try to come on to me, only a little and you weren't like obsessed with me either." He said and I smiled. 

"Well I'm glad to know I'm the one and we aren't even dating yet." I said and he laughed. "Well I really want you to be mine, but I know you want to wait." He said and I smiled. "I would love to be yours." 

"Are you sure?" He asked and I leaned across the table and kissed him. "I'm 100% sure."