Chapter 10

The week went by pretty fast. Matt and I had a pretty solid relationship, we sometimes fought but what couple doesn't. It was Saturday. The day of my moms funeral she was actually gone and it was gonna be a hard day.

I put on my black skater dress, black heeled booties and moms gold watch. I put my hair in a braided bun and went for a natural look for my makeup, since I would probably be crying.

I met the boys downstairs. They were all wearing suits. Grayson drove us to the funeral home and we met a lot of friends and family. The service started and we all sat down.

They carried her coffin down the aisle and that's when it hit me really hard. She was actually gone I would never see her again. Tears started streaming down my face. Dawson pulled me in for a hug and gave me a tissue.

The service ended and we went to the reception area. I seen my Aunts, Uncles and cousins.

Finally we could leave. I got in the car and we drove home. I ran inside and out on some comfortable clothing. I played with my phone and got a text from Matt.

From Matt:
Babe come over I need to see your beautiful face.

To Matt:
Matt not today. I need to be with my brothers it has been a really hard day for us and they need me. Maybe another time?

From Matt:
No worries. I understand.

To Matt:
Thanks babe.

From Matt:
Anything for you.

I walked downstairs and saw Noah crying.

"Noah what's wrong?"

"I miss mommy."

I picked him up and put him on my hip and bounced him up and down.

"It will be okay. You have me I'll be your mommy."

"Okay."

We sat down on the couch and I rocked him back and forth.

Soon after, he was fast asleep. I stood up and put him in his bed.

"Brooke lay with me."

"Okay." I laid down beside him and gently played with his hair. I fell asleep right beside him.

I woke up later in his bed alone.
I got up and decided to go downstairs.
I sat down beside Dawson and put my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead and we watched Say Yes to the dress.

I went upstairs and got dressed.
I put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
I walked downstairs and played with Noah.

The day ended and I went to sleep tomorrow was Monday which meant school but also meant I could see Matt.

I drifted off to sleep and dreamed about Matt.