Duty Calls: Part 5

The Captain was about to leave the room when Officer Harold spoke aloud, "We have at least, like what, 35,000 crew members on board? The droid army doesn't exist yet, or well most of it during the Clone Wars, at least."

"We have more advanced technology and superior firepower compared to the damn Trade Federation. Quit your whining officer and get back to work," Captain Margos ordered. He turned and left the room. Walking down the hallway, he initially wanted to be in his office, but after careful consideration, his quarters were the better option.

Meanwhile, the Inquisitor was in the armory, with several stormtroopers watching him carefully. He mentally held a grudge against them but knew deep down that their revelation sparked a controversy of treason against him. So he went with the flow, and decided to take a break in a separate room, the armory being the closest and least occupied room.

"What are you doing, Inquisitor?"

He sighed before explaining, "I'm going to meditate on the force. What does it look like?"

The trooper replied, "Well, why would you...er...meditate in the armory?" He was unsettled in the Inquisitor's presence.

The comlink beeped "What's the status of the Inquisitor?"

"Captain, it seems he's going to meditate in the armory." The trooper replied.

"Wait, the armory? Why there? Tell him that's not the best place, he must stay away from the armory."

The Inquisitor groaned, walking out of the room. He looked around before sitting down against the hallway wall.

All in all, it was very quiet. The force was more active than usual. He never felt this much activity in the force ever since his younger days. When he was a Jedi Knight-

-and when he had his master. Oh, Marius did not really like his master. He felt cold, almost emotionless. Didn't even care if he got hurt.

Yes. Use that anger, channel it for the dark side. It began rousing up, and he felt satisfied. He began using those memories when he was scolded for not obeying his master. But he had no choice. He's glad that he was taken prisoner and went MIA* on that dark planet, Umbara.
(MIA means "missing in action.")

But that was when he found out the whole Jedi order was like this. No empathy, no care for their fellow troopers. They fought for us!

Marius was growling mentally. Yes, the dark side is strong within him. He will endure. He will-

Wait.

Marius snapped his eyes open.

The dark side was slightly growing stronger. The Inquisitor studied the strange fluctuation in power, before realizing that the power was not because of his anger. It was something else.

Instantly standing up, he whirled to the stormtroopers who were watching him and asked, "Where is the Captain?"

Meanwhile...

Captain Margos sat on his metal bed. His hand rested against his dark hair, whilst his eyes loomed onto a hologram of the mission report, where it labeled him and his entire crew as "expendable." Dan Ferrik, why were we put on here in the first place? I'm just a normal imperial captain with no significance, why us of all people?

He thought better and decided to head back to the bridge to check on his crew. Just as he exited the room, his wrist comlink beeped. "Captain, Lieutenant Jarcliff requests your presence in the cafe. It seems we have an issue."

Groaning, he sprinted down the hallway to locate the cafe. As he got closer he began hearing shouts. At last, after a few minutes of running, he locates the room and heads inside.