From the Shadows: Part 6

Sorry for the long hiatus guys! I had writer's block and focused too much on my Transformers story. I promise I will work on updating Door of Changes to catch you all up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Margos Florin walked into the bridge with a stern expression. "I want a sitrep on all of our teams, excluding those on Coruscant and Naboo, within three minutes. If any of our spies feel being watched, order their removal them from their locations and bring them back to us immediately," he ordered his communications officers.

"Yes sir," they replied, and Officer Susey spoke on her radio to all the said stations.

--Meanwhile, on Coruscant...--

Junior Lieutenant Jarcliff ton Royak and Officer Glaucon walked down the streets of the massive city, searching for the nearest hideout of the Republic's undercover police. During the Imperial era from the near future, stormtroopers guarding the capital planet operated secret interrogation rooms underneath the main Imperial academy and military bases, primarily to interrogate traitorous rebels of the Empire. Given the soon-to-be Emperor's growing power agenda before and during the Clone Wars, it would only make sense if these rooms were there today.

It would've been easier if the damn crowds were more controlled with proper order, rather than shouting for job openings, selling foreign goods and jewelry, or placing bets on illegal substances. The Junior Lieutenant grunted at this sight. Back then in the future, the crowds on Coruscant were not as loud as this. Stormtroopers patrolled the streets everywhere, and there were no weak-minded democrats in control of the planet's affairs. And that of the entire galaxy as well.

Officer Glaucon had the same thoughts, but focused only on the task before him. While walking out of their apartment the Junior Lieutenant showed him a hologram of the secret room entrances, so that they can recognize them on their journey. 

Speaking of which...

"Hey, sir?" Glaucon tugged Jarcliff's sleeve before pointing ahead. There, in-between two stand-up street shops was an arch painted gray with a blue stripe in the middle. The white-colored words in the stripe said "AUTHORIZED GUARDS ONLY. NO CITIZENS ALLOWED INSIDE PREMISES."

"Dank Ferrik!" Jarcliff muttered, "that's one of them. But that doesn't mean Gujak could be in there. Glaucon, turn your blaster to stun."

"Copy."

The two slowly approached the arch entrance while avoiding eye contact with the stationed guards. But before they could aim their blasters at them, the guards raised their comm pieces before dashing away.

Jarcliff and Glaucon gave each other confused looks before they resumed approaching the arch. Glaucon opened the door before aiming his pistol down the revealed hallway.