-DONT LEAVE YOUR WINDOW OPEN NEXT TIME, IDIOT-

Dinner had finished just an hour ago, Y/n was now laying in bed and scrolling on their phone and they checked what time it was, their eyes falling onto the little white  numbers in the top left corner that read; 8:12

"Eight." They said aloud and sighed. Y/n wiped their nose, which still wasn't bleeding, before burying their phone under their pillow and rolling off their bed, hitting the soft fur of the mat on the floor with a muffled thud. They got up and stumbled over to the door, opening it and yelling; "I'M GOING TO BED, GOODNIGHT" then closing it and turning off the light switch. The only light now was emitting from the lamp on their desk, shining on the drawings Y/n was doodling before.

Y/n went to the lamp and switched it off, plunging the room into not-complete darkness. Since some light was still shining through the cracks in the door but that didn't matter. Y/n lay down in bed, throwing the covers over their stomach and grabbing their phone from under their pillow and, like a normal teenager, began playing on it.

The wind howled outside, branches smacked against Y/n's window furiously as the night grew longer, eight becoming nine, nine becoming ten, ten becoming eleven, eleven becoming twelve and twelve, well, becoming one.

Y/n yawned as they scrolled on their phone, their eyes felt heavy as they sat up against their bed frame, staring at the small, bright glowing screen, watching whatever was on it.

Then, they heard a scraping sound, and some tapping.

Y/n looked up and blinked, the sound had come from their window. For a moment, the only sounds were the wind and the tree outside before it was heard again, louder this time.

"What the-" Y/n started and cut off themself when they saw gloved hands slam onto their window outside, Y/n shrieked and jumped out of bed as the hands slapped the window a few more times before they slammed down and wretched open the window.

In a panic, they shoved their phone in their pocket and looked around and spotted the baseball bat that they kept in their room which was pretty convenient, they scrambled over, grabbed the bat then retreated to the spot they were standing in before as a hooded man climbed into their room.

Y/n strained to see the man's figure, he was wearing a light, desert brown hood and black gloves. They couldn't see his face since he was still pulling his foot into the room and had his face down. He was carrying some sort of small duffel bag with a pole strapped to his back while wearing light blue jeans which looked like he just fished them out of a dumpster or something.

"OH MY GOD." Y/n yelled, if the man didn't notice them before then now he sure did. He swerved his head to Y/n's direction and nearly toppled over in surprise. Apparently he was wearing some sort of black ski-mask.

He quickly got over his surprise and scrambled up to his feet and took out the pole, gripping it greatly. Y/n felt fear chill them to the bone but their thoughts screamed; Oh NO, I am NOT dying TODAY. Which gave them a pretty big confidence boost.

Y/n gritted their teeth before holding up the bat and squeezed the grip before giving a not-so-loud shout and running at the man. It was mainly just for show, the man stumbled back and lifted his pole up higher. Y/n took this as a chance to strike him in the ribs with their baseball bat. It clearly hurt him as he clutched his side and swayed but no sound emitted from his mouth.

What on earth? Demanded Y/n's brain, they shook their head and began quickly jabbing and hitting the man with the baseball bat, shoving him closer to the open window and yelling furiously.

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM" Y/n screeched, the man swerved his head around and realised how close he was to the open window. That really set him into a panic and he dodged one of Y/n's jabs and sprinted forwards. Y/n yelped in surprise and spun around to see that he was running out the room.

"HEY-" They shrieked and ran after him, he was now frantically running down the stairs, well- he fell off and slammed his back into the rails at the near end, but he scrambled up and ran down the last flight of soft stairs and dashed into the kitchen.

Y/n followed quickly and jumped onto the floor at the end and, to their not so great surprise, saw that he had ran out the door.

Y/n was still bewildered, but they felt their shoulders relax slowly and they slightly lowered the bat.

Something told them that they really shouldn't tell their parents about this.

//840 words