Shame

It had taken a fair bit to get the spray paint off his clothes. Even so, his hood was still a bit tinged pink no matter what he did.

Anyway, there Brian miserably sat in the bathtub. Everything ached as he leaned against the cold rim and his phone drifted around the shallow dirty water like a little boat, cruising through the bubbles. The room seemed to be a cold blue as electricity hummed from the light.

Life was, lack of a better word; shit. Utterly miserable. No matter what he did, Brian could never change that. He didn't mess up his second chance, but he was making a real sad use of it.

He stared mindlessly up at the ceiling, reflecting on stuff that happened.

Brian had gotten a mouthful of words from the others, stabbing him verbally. It was an easy task, take or take out the kid and they beat the shit out of you with some glitter and a bat? Your fucking pathetic. Your always so pathetic. That's the only word I can describe you as.

Brian on the other hand didn't feel so much as shame as you would expect, in fact the others were more upset than he was.

He was more so observing the situation. The others were going to make him try again, go after the kid and then kick his ass if he fucked up again. But now he had more information about the child than the scraps he had before.

They surely weren't afraid to put up a fight, and would most likely retaliate with a lot of force if they were threatened before.

If he were going to go after them once more he better not be as careless as he was before.

Brian exhaled, then lolled his head to the side and looked at his mask which was on the grimy white tiles of the floor. He wrinkled his nose in somewhat disdain at it.

'Hoodie' was what some called him. He didn't really like that, didn't know when the nickname surfaced (not that he cared), honestly sounded kinda tacky but that wasn't the main reason.

Brian stared at the mask, the red eyes and frown wrinkled. There was a quiet dripping noise in the background.

Then suddenly, a noise was heard from within his apartment. Brian immediately jumped and jerked his head towards the door of the bathroom.

Brian blinked, a little stunned before he pushed himself up then with the help of the side of the tub, forcing himself onto his feet, wincing slightly at the pain that pulsed through his legs and body when he did.

"Ow." He grumbled then stumbled out of the tub, water splashing. Brian made his way out of the cold room, wiping his nose and muttering to himself as he dragged himself into the hallway of his dark apartment.

He grabbed his pipe which was leaning against the wall on the way, turning the corner and staggering into the living room.
To be greeted by a familiar face- well, person. He was lying on the floor but Brian knew instantly who he was.

"What the fuck?" Brian's eyes widened. "Cody what the hell are you doing here?" Brian hissed, walking over to the boy and crouching next to him, yanking him up by the hood and causing him to yelp.

"HeEY!" Cody weakly tried to whack him with a slurred voice. Brian frowned, his eyes briefly looked up to see the door to the balcony had been opened before looking back at Cody, or X-Virus, whatever edgy name he wanted to go by.

Brian let go of X, causing him to face plant back into the carpet as he stood up and backed away. It took a fat minute for X-Virus to finally push himself into his feet, stumbling around like a drunk man which he might as well be. His jagged brown hair stuck out wildly, he wasn't wearing his usual clothes that Brian had always seen him in, only thing that remained from his work attire were his blue goggles which sat atop of his head.