Chapter 12

Author's Note:

Dear Readers

Thank you for your support. Would appreciate your votes and comments.

^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12

Solange:

I couldn’t believe what aunt said about existence of Angels. What she is saying has to be fables, it can’t be real, but the look in her eyes said it was true. From every glance she cast at Dr. Mac a sense of doom settled over my heart that what I was hearing was only the sugar coated version. There was something very major which I was yet to know. The minute Dr. Mac stopped aunt from informing me about my parents, a chill ran down my spine and fear settled that I didn’t want to hear it. If I did everything would change and I never could adapt to change. I hated change. Change brought chaos and uncertainty and this was not acceptable to me.

Ralf walked up to me and handed me a plate of fruits. Taking the plate I looked at him, his eyes were somber and worried. He said “You should eat them; it will help with your weakness.”

“On the cliff when you saved me, I saw your wings. It was not a dream.” I stated looking at him.

He looked into my eyes and said “Yes”, and walked out of the room. From the look of his slouched shoulders I could feel his tension and sadness.

“Solange, before I tell you about your parents, I have to apologize to have kept you in dark for so long. It was necessary to keep you safe. You may feel deceived but we had to do it.” Dr. Mac said.

“We? Does it also consist you aunt?” I asked getting angry at everyone to have kept things from me and for still keeping it from me. If I had not seen Ralf and Dr. Mac may be I would still have been kept in dark.

“Angel dear, I am sorry. It was to keep you safe.” Aunt said almost in tears.

“Angel, Gretchen was just doing a favor to a friend. She is not to be blamed.”

“Dr. Mac, this is between me and my aunt, I would rather prefer to talk to her alone. If there is any truth to my parentage, I have all the right to know it and nobody should keep it from me.”

Dr. Mac moved so fast and came in front of me; I flinched and tried to sit up straight on the bed. I could feel his anger radiating towards me. “Solange, as your father I have the right to decide what is right or wrong for you. Your life was in danger so we had no choice but to request Gretchen’s help. She didn’t have to accept the burden of raising you but she took you in and raised you as her own child, placing her own life in danger and that doesn’t allow you to raise your voice at her.”

“Michael, she is but child who is confused. Don’t go all archangel on her.” Aunt said sitting next to me and taking my hand in hers gently kissing me on my forehead.

My hands started shaking and tears started rolling down my cheeks without me noticing their presence. The man in front me is my father. All my life I thought my father was dead and today he was standing in front of me. I had always felt his presence but dismissed it as my need, but now it was not just me imagining him, but he actually was there all this time. Not being able to control myself I flung myself at my father for the first time and cried till my hiccups started. I wouldn’t let him go for fear I might be dreaming again and if I let go know I might never see him. My father sat on the bed holding me telling it was ok. He is back for me and was really sorry to have left me. Listening to his sooth voice, my exhaustion over took me and I fell asleep.