Chapter 25

Author's Note:

For all those who have been reading my novel, I thank you with all my heart. I hope you would check out my other novels too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ralf:

We watched in silence as slowly stood up and put right her robe turning to walk towards Empyrean. Her neck was bloody and her hands were shivering as she tried cover up her wounds. Uriel and I couldn’t fathom what could have happened here.  We waited until Judith left the area before we went down to the area where Judith and the malicious man were standing. As we approached the area we saw a circle with intricate design in it. Just as Uriel stepped over the circle, his leg burned and he jumped out of it.

“Damn, what black magic is this?” expressed Uriel in anger.

“Magic of the black-ones. Who could be practicing this on Empyrean?” I said walking along the circle ensuring I didn’t get too close to it.

Uriel and I scouted the grounds for an hour for clues around from the magic circle. But none was to be found. Not knowing what to look for we started walking back towards arena. Suddenly I remembered the stench I had sensed before Uriel and I had found Judith. “Uriel did you smell the stench, or do you remember the lack of it.”

“Very much, I had started in this direction due to the stink. But as we neared the circle it had disappeared.” Said Uriel

“The wounds on Judith’s body are still troubling me. How could she let that creature harm her?” I couldn’t fathom it

“My concern is with the amount of blood used in making that circle. And why would Judith get involved in going against you.”

“Because, she is still hoping that we would become mates. Her stubbornness to be the queen of Empyrean has blinded her eyes even though it is not her destiny.”

“Hmmm. We all knew that for long time. But using black magic to fulfill her wishes, how desperate is she?”   

“I am responsible for it to certain extent. If I had not courted her she would never have assumed we are mates.”

“But it doesn’t matter, because she is not your mate. Angel is your mate and daughter of Athena we all have been waiting for.”

We reached arena in time to see Angel shoot her first target and the elation on her face was worth capturing in a picture of forever memories. She looked at us and came running “Hey did you see that. I actually was able to hit the target.”

“It was wonderful shot Angel. I am so glad you are not angry at me anymore.”

“Who was talking to you? I was telling Uriel about my shot.” She said smiling up at Uriel

The rage that filled me instantaneously was something I had never thought I was capable of, but the moment I saw her smiling at me I knew she was teasing me again. She is so different, one minute she is like fire and the next moment she was calm and serene like still water.

“What brings your boys here?” said father

“Well, sir we needed to discuss with about Angel’s attacker.” I informed

“Who is the attacker?” Cearul asked with calm voice more dangerous than his anger

“Father, let’s go in where no one can hear us. I cannot trust all in here.”

“Hmm, let’s go to my work room.” Saying Cearul walked towards the room in high tower

Settling in chairs, Uriel waited for me to describe all that we saw to father and Angel.