Chapter 17

Author's Note:

Hi All

Solange and Ralf along with Uriel reach Phang Nga Bay in Thailand to find the portal to Empyrean. Find out what a hong is where the portal is to open.

Do leave your comments…

Votes are welcome too ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ralf:

Just as we pulled into the San Francisco airport, Angel asked about passports and the visa to Thailand. Having explained that a friend would be giving us the passports at the entrance I picked up the bags from the trunk.

“Ralf how did you get my passport?”

“Gretchen” and it was enough for her to understand that all the travel arrangements and minor details have been taken care of and her shy smile was the best gift I got since yesterday’s events.

Entering the international departures we checked-in our bags and collected boarding passes. Before going to security check Angel bought few books at borders and few essentials for herself. Uriel and I were getting impatient and it was evidently visible because looking at our faces just before boarding Angel said “Who would expect two angels who play in the air are scared to fly in airplane.”

“Well when we play in the air, we are in control of our flight but now we are dependent on this tin box and the mood of the pilot” said Uriel shuddering at the thought.

Laughing at us Angel handed her boarding pass to the air hostess knowing well we were right behind. Once we settled in our seats in the first class, me next to Angel. She said “ I was never sure if I would ever go out of this country but now I am travelling for the first time to one of the beautiful beaches and that to in first class. Impressed Mr. Ralf”

I looked at her to know if she was teasing but the joy on her face as she looked out while the flight took off was contagious and brought a smile to my face too.

“You know buddy, love suits you.” Uriel sent his thoughts to me.

“I do not know if its love, but I know that I would do anything for Angel. She brings out fierce protectiveness in me.” I replied back my thoughts and closed my eyes to rest until we reached our destination.

Solange:

All our lives it had always been Aunt Gretchen and me, but now dad had returned and I would be meeting my mom soon. I couldn’t have asked for more.  And then there is Ralf, he is confusing me. One minute I see him looking at me and the next he is all business and behaves as if I don’t matter.

Right now he was sleeping next to me in his seat and this closeness was playing havoc with my senses. As I looked at his handsome face I could see faint worry lines around his eyes. Poor thing had been saving my life since he came to Shelter Cove and I didn’t know how to thank him. Probably I should bake my special lemon cake I thought smiling to myself. Looking at him I slept dreaming of the beautiful place we were going to.

Ralf:

I got up to faint warm breath across my neck only to find Angel sleeping with her head on my shoulder. Not wanting to disturb her I sat without moving hoping we had met under different circumstances. I would do anything just to have one silent evening with her to sit and talk about her, about her likes and dislikes. Her favorite color, food, song or if she liked walks along the beach or candlelight dinner. I wanted to know everything about her and prayed we could get that time together soon.