[Jaemin] Day 15 - Silver Bells

Genre: Angsty but also fluffy

TW: None

Word Count: 0.8K

Holding you to his chest, Jaemin fought the urge to doze off himself

Holding you to his chest, Jaemin fought the urge to doze off himself. He'd have to leave soon, promotions for NCT 2021 set to begin early, but, goodness gracious, how could he just leave you like this? It was already late into the night, and he had considered many a time to tuck you in and bid farewell, but it was his own exhaustion and pure will that kept him from leaving.

It was a simple date night, just dinner at your apartment and a movie, but it was the simple joy of it that he found charming. He enjoyed it as much as he would any event with you. But, as it always does, night creeped further on the couple, and it seemed that you were the first to knock out. It was near the end of the movie, granted, but regardless. Jaemin didn't find it in him to nudge you awake to move you to a more comfortable area, it seemed to him that you were relaxed enough.

His eyes fluttered to the side, looking at the time on your microwave.

"Ah, when did it get so late?" He whispered before clicking his tongue. He slowly nudged you, trying to get you to wake up as gently as possible. "(Y/N)?" He called your name quietly. At this rate, it was like he was the only one stopping himself from disturbing you. He looks up at your ceiling.

It was hours like this where he wondered how different things would be if you met under different circumstances. If he wasn't an idol, would you both be at a further stage in the relationship? Would you have met at all? Jaemin hummed in this thought, thinking of all the possibilities to keep himself awake, all but the one currently in front of him right now. Once he leaves that'll be it, this is the last time he'd see you all year. He looks out your window now, the stars brightly shining against the night sky and the world at peace for the time being.

"Jaemin?"

"Oh, did I wake you up?"

"No..." you yawned and nuzzled your head further against his chest. "What are you still doing here? It's late..."

"Want to chase me out so soon?" Jaemin laughs lazily and you shake your head.

"I just don't want you to be stressed out," you said sleepily.

"Ah... give me a kiss and I'll head home then." You didn't stir. "(Y/N)? Have you fallen asleep again?"

"Yes..." you lied. He could feel your lips quirk up.

"Oi."

"I just don't want you to leave yet," you bashfully admitted.

"I'll be back before you know it," he gives you a quick squeeze and you sigh. Maybe if he asked nicely, and if schedules allowed, he'd be able to see you again at least before the new year. You groaned and sat up, finally freeing him from his role as your human pillow.

"Just don't forget to call, alright?" Your eyes were tired, but still he could see that beautiful shine in them.

"You're not going to ask me to come by?" He knew the answer, but he was curious as to why you didn't ask this year.

"What can be done? You're Na Jaemin," you said with an edge of teasing. He blinks once. What did you mean by that? "Who am I to take you away from your loyal fans," you nudged his shoulder. "As long as I'm still your #1, I can wait for you, I always do," you continued with shallow nods. Jaemin's smile only faltered for a moment. What did you mean by that?

"Let's get you to bed, (Y/N)."

"I can do it myself, I'll see you down," you shook the sleepiness out of your head. Jaemin only chuckled.

"If you did, you'd end up falling asleep in the lobby, silly," he pokes your forehead and takes your hand. "Let's get you in bed, then. I'll be back before you know it," he repeats leading you to your room and tucking you in. "I'm heading home now, okay?"

"Na Jaemin," you said his name with some odd mix of sternness and tiredness.

"Yes?"

"I love you, don't forget that, okay?"

"I love you too," he presses a quick kiss to your forehead.

"I would've left you by now if I didn't!"

"I know, I know," he rubs your cheek. "I'm off now."

"Get home safely..." Then, you dozed off.

Jaemin was going to make sure this Christmas would be special, he will be sure of it.