[Jisung] Day 18 - Deck the Halls

Genre: Fluff

TW: None

Word Count: 0.9K

Shrieks were the only thing that could be heard down the hall

Shrieks were the only thing that could be heard down the hall. Never has he ever run this fast in his life. It was almost comical, seeing two people sprinting down hallways that were arguably over-decorated for the holidays, and that combined with the frantic shouts of managers and producers made the whole thing seem like it was straight out of a movie.

"(L/N) (Y/N)! Come back here with Jisung now!" The manager yells at the top of his lungs.

"Go, go, go! I'll hold him back!" Haechan slides behind you both and throws his arms out.

"Thanks, hyung! I owe you one!" Jisung grabs your hand and you both pick up speed.

Now, what could've possibly led these two young lovers to bolt down the SM hallways? The answer is a lot more simple than you think. With 2021 preparations building upon each other, Jisung has been lacking in what he would affectionately refer to as his 'boyfriend duties.' As a result, he confided in the rest of the Dreamies and devised a plan to get you, the interning producer who he may or may not have been secretly dating, and him out of the company.

It was easy, Jisung would hint to the producers and the managers that he needed a break, Jaemin would reinforce that, and Mark and Haechan would keep them busy while Jeno and Renjun provided a proper escape with Chenle on backup for distraction purposes. Then, Jisung would take you to his favorite café and treat you out before schedules could really pick up.

Regardless, that plan has failed.

With no plan B in mind, the Dreamies were really confident about this one, they resorted to just winging it. Jisung readjusted his grip on your hand and, at the nearing shouts of a manager, he tugs you forward, you stumbled on your feet and he hoisted you over his shoulder.

"Jisung!"

"Almost there!" Jisung fumbled to grab his phone, the darn thing slipped out of his hand, but luckily you reached over and caught it, handing it back to him quickly. He tapped on Jeno's contact. The phone rang, and rang, and rang. Right as Jeno finally picked up, he'd already entered the garage and saw the older member lounging in his car.

"What's up-"

"START THE CAR!"

"Oh shit, okay," Jeno's eyes went wide and he did so, Renjun reached over from his spot and opened the door. Jisung, quite literally, launched into the car, seating you next to him. The manager skid into the parking lot and Jeno was quick to floor it, leaving a smoke trail behind while they sped into the main streets of Seoul. You adjusted yourself so that you were properly. Jisung caught his breath, meanwhile, and you took your own steady breaths.

"That... that was..." you struggled to speak between pants. Jisung swallowed down a nervous laugh, that was intense, he wanted to fill in the blanks. He waited in anticipation, slightly fearing what you were about to say. The relationship wasn't new, no, but keeping it all a secret from everyone aside from the Dreamies put its own tensions on it. Was this the breaking point? "That was awesome! Oh my god!" You leaned over and grabbed Renjun's seat. "You should've seen it! It was like Jisung was flying! It was so cool, he yanked me forward and up I went holy hell!" You continued to ramble on, recounting the events to the two shellshocked boys who have realized that their necks were now on the line.

"Wait, what did you say happened to Haechan?!" Renjun turns back, fear on his features.

"I dunno, he kind of disappeared," Jisung shakes his head slowly.

"Oh, man..." you settled down and sighed. Soon, a nervous smile rose on your face. "Holy shit, I'm gonna lose my job," you said after a shaky laugh.

"Nah, you'll be fine, the producers love you!" Jeno waves his hand.

"And me too! I also love you," Jisung shoots you a reassuring nod. "I'll quit if they fire you." He was only half joking.

"Don't do that!" You lightly pushed him. He lightly pushes you back, a reflex developed from living with Chenle for far too long.

"Hey! No fighting in my car!" Jeno holds a warning finger towards you two and Renjun answers his ringing phone. He puts it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"I get that you're both, like, super in love and all," Chenle spoke in a whisper. "But don't stay out on your date too long because Mark's is running out of stories from Canada to tell and I don't know how long I can bullshit my memories of Vienna."

"Got it! Don't worry, we'll relieve you of your pressures soon," you spoke into the speaker.

"Don't worry, just have fun," Jaemin's voice was next. "I'll walk the producers through photoshop."

"That's not going to work," Renjun sighs. Jeno pulls over.

"Quick, go! You have maybe three hours!"

"Three hours is too long!" Haechan cries on the other end.

"Make it four," Jeno nods. "Go, have fun!" He practically chases you and Jisung out, driving off as soon as you closed the door behind you. With nothing else to do, you wrapped your arm around his.

"Well... let's go to that place you love so much!" You smiled and tugged him toward the shopping center.

"Oh! Yeah! I can't wait for you to try their cake, it's what they're famous for!" Soon, he was the one pulling you.

The plan wasn't a total failure, at least! Let's just hope that they won't have to repeat it for Christmas, he wants to make sure that is extra special for you!