[Yangyang] Day 17 - Santa Tell Me

Genre: Fluff, Comedy

TW: None

Word Count: 0.7K

"I'm gonna do it," Yangyang nods his head and stands outside of the SM Café

"I'm gonna do it," Yangyang nods his head and stands outside of the SM Café. "I'm doing it today."

"Sure you are," Xiaojun deadpans. "Now step aside so I can order my coffee, please?"

"No, I need your support on this, man!" Yangyang takes deep breaths to hype himself up. He glances behind his shoulder, seeing you at the register taking Jaemin's order. You nodded along with what he said while writing down his rather complex coffee recipe, all this with what can only be recognized as a customer service smile. "I've gotta do it now."

"Why are you in such a rush? It's not like (Y/N)'s going anywhere," Xiaojun frowns.

"You don't know that."

"And you don't know... you know what, forget it, just ask her out already so I don't have to hear you whining about the cute barista who works Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays around noon," Xiaojun adds with a teasing edge. Yangyang feels his face heat up once he realizes that he'd been making a point to come here on those times just to see you. You the unknowing barista that captured his heart months ago since you messed up his order and, even worse, spilled it all over the counter. Who would've thought that Yangyang would've fallen for you then? Certainly not him. No one would've expected that to be a meet-cute, but here he was.

Now, determined to finally ask you out, the younger member had cut off Xiaojun right before he entered to ask for his advice. With Xiaojun being the king of rom-coms and Yangyang being, well, Yangyang, he was desperate.

"Look, Yangyang, if you really want my advice, quit chickening out and just do it. Worse comes to worst, you can just get your coffees on Tuesdays and Thursdays," Xiaojun walks past Yangyang now, leaving the younger one to figure out how to properly approach you if he will at all. He hangs near the back of the line while Xiaojun tells you his own order. For a brief second, Yangyang could've sworn that you looked at him, but he shook the thought out once he saw your coworker bounce in behind him. Soon, he was next.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" You asked with a smile. Was it weird for him to think that it felt a little more genuine than what you gave other customers? Actually, yeah, that does sound weird. But, he had to take this chance.

"Actually, yeah," Yangyang nods. Your face turns into one of curiosity. "I was wondering if you could help me with my phone, I can't seem to put in new numbers, mind if you try putting in yours?" He leans on the counter and slides you his phone. You raise an eyebrow and stayed silent. Yangyang swallowed back an awkward remark while you both stared. Then, a small laugh escaped your lips.

"I... is this your way of asking me out?" You took his phone and Yangyang's jaw hung slightly. "I was kind of hoping that I'd get to leave my number on your cup today, but oh well," you finished putting in your contact and handed it to him. "I'm guessing the regular iced americano with light sugar?" You held up the cup. "Unless you want to try something different," you finished. Yangyang looks at his phone, your phone number there in front of him, then to you.

"Close your mouth, you look like a fish," Xiaojun says next to him.

"I... uh, I'll have whatever you recommend," Yangyang was still for the most part at a loss for words. He didn't think that it would actually work and... wait, did you say you were going to leave your number on his order?

"One peppermint mocha then," you nodded. "It'll be right out for you soon! And, if you like it, then we can grab another one this Friday?"

Did you just beat him to asking you out properly?!

"This Friday sounds great!" A huge smile broke out on Yangyang's face.

"We have sch-"

"Give me a time and place and I'll be there," Yangyang cuts off Xiaojun and you laugh again.

He's going to make sure this first Christmas together is as special as can be.