It's a Sin Anyways

Pic credit twt humanlouvreart

"Jeongguk!" 

With that Taehyung fell from the edge. He felt his vision getting blurry. Purples surrounded him and he felt so cold yet so warm... so caged yet so free. It was scary. He wanted to live. There is so so much left there for him to still see and explore. He doesn't even know the meaning behind his existence.

"Taehyung..."

He suddenly heard a voice, too familiar to his liking. It's Jeongguk's voice. A small smile crept its way to his lips. Now he can even hear his voice, great! His life is so pathetic that even before dying, he wants to be selfish and wants Jeongguk to be there to save him. He closed his tear-filled eyes. 

This is the end. I know it is...

Just before his hair touched the boiling cauldron, an unknown force lifted him. 

[Taehyung's POV]

I suspected of a boiling sensation ripping my body or maybe a hot flow of liquid absorbing my body within itself and maybe, maybe all there was left for me to feel is just numbness and this feeling of elimination, but nothing came... I immediately opened my eyes with a huge gasp. 

'Breathing... I am breathing. Huh! why am I breathing? I am not burned. Where is the cauldron?'

Just the moment my mind flabbergasted myself with the trail of thoughts, a sweet voice made its way through my ears. 

"Taehyung! Look at me. Are you okay?"

My eyes immediately followed the direction of the voice and my eyes landed on my savior.

"Jeongguk" I breathed, finally realizing I have the ability to do so. 

"Where am I? Why are you here? Am I in heaven, since I can see you?" A soft chuckle escaped his lips making my heart flip enormous times.

"You silly, you are alive. Who do you think permitted you to leave me alone like this? Didn't I tell you to call me whenever you need me? Why do you always call me when you are almost on the verge of losing me?" Jeongguk put me down softly as my legs met the ground almost as it felt like ages. 

"I am sorry," I mumbled almost incoherently.

"Idiot, what I even do about you?" With that Jeongguk lifted my chin and crashed his lips onto mine for a soft yet desperate kiss, like he was aching for this moment.

Feeling his kiss made me regret about that every thought that came into my mind thinking about leaving everything. I regretted having the thought of leaving this person behind who left his realm for a single call. A tear escaped from my eyes. I felt sorry for feeling selfish. I felt sorry for him. He is a type who doesn't let himself distract easily by mere thoughts, fearless and exceptional. Precisely, Jeongguk is rare. And me... I can't even stand up for myself. For someone like me, how can he possibly be there? 

[Third-person POV]

Jeongguk broke the kiss. The kiss healed the bleeding heart and scars in Taehyung's body saving him from excessive blood loss. He was still not in a good condition but it's better for the time being, rest he will take care of when Taehyung will be with him, cause nowhere in hell he will let Taehyung breathe a single more second.

"I am sorry for arriving late. I can't even imagine what would've happened if I were late." 

"No...you were perfect. You were just right. I have nothing to complain. As long as it's you. I don't have any complaints. " Taehyung smiled as they attached their heads taking the time to feel each other's presence.