| 4 ~ 🎶🎶🎶|

My eyes snapped open. I looked around groggily, expecting my alarm to go off. But it didn't. I took my phone and squinted against the bright light as I looked at the time.

Its 4:28..?

I shook my head, reluctantly getting up and got dressed then I went downstairs to make myself breakfast. I was so hungry.

I opened the fridge and got two eggs and a pack of bacon. I got the pan from the rack on the wall and put it on the stove, turning the heat on.

I also sprayed some cooking oil on the surface of the pan. After a minute, I cracked the two eggs on the pan and scrolled on YouTube on my phone as I waited.

When it was time, I added the water and put the lid on and went on to fry the bacon. Then, I put everything on a plate, grabbed the apple juice from the fridge, went over to the table and set everything down, heading back into the kitchen to get utensils. I finally sat down and scrolled on YouTube as I ate my breakfast.

I quickly wrote a note and set it on the counter for Mother to read.

Hey mom. I'm heading out early to head to the park for a bit. Love you! -Ponk

I picked up my car keys and started up the car,  driving it to the nearby park. I got out and locked the car, connecting my airpods to my phone and turned on some music. I sat down on one of the swings and softly swung as I enjoyed the stunning sunrise.

Ain't nobody wanna see us together, But it don't matter No...

I felt a figure sitting down on the swing next to me, and I looked to my left in curiosity.

"Enjoying the sunrise?" Sam asked, glancing at me while keeping his head pointed to the sunrise. I blushed and looked back at the scenery.

"Yeah. I come here early sometimes to clear my mind." I said softly and began humming to the music again.

Ain't nobody wanna see us together, But it don't matter No...

I turned my head and looked at Sam with shock. He didn't look back my way, but I could tell he was smiling.

"You know the song too?" I asked.

"Of course. It's my favorite." He responded. I smiled. A thought popped up and I inhaled.

"Hey, Sam?" I said. He hummed in response.

"I'm sorry for purposely misspelling your name yesterday and making everyone laugh at you. It was wrong and I shouldn't have done it." I blurted out quickly. I instantly turned to the sunrise and looked down at my shoes in shame.

I heard a chuckle and looked back up at him slowly. His laugh was amazing, I wish I could've heard it again.

"It's alright. I was feeling grim because I felt useless. I don't like feeling very useless." He said. "Your not to blame."

I let out a breath of relief and stood up to stretch.

"I should go to school. See you in class, Sam!" I smiled and waved as I walked towards the parking lot. He smiled and waved back and I turned to my car with a feeling of lightness in my stomach.

I walked with a bounce in my step to the car, hopping in and driving to school. I locked my car after getting my things and walked towards the entrance, occasionally singing to the song I was still listening to.

I walked up the steps and onto the rooftop to enjoy the sunset a little more before class began and sat down at the spot closest to the greenery of the school garden.

"Hey, Ponk!" Sam tapped my shoulder and I scooted around.

"S-Sam?" I craned my neck to see his face. "How are you here already?"

"I have my ways." He said with a smile that was laced with mystery.