Chapter 22 - Mine. Yours.

Sam frowned.

"Ponk, Please. Please stop lying to me. You haven't been yourself for the past month, It's worrying me." I let out a exhale. I know I wasn't myself but I didn't expect Sam to notice- Or notice how long. I felt it. I felt like an idiot for trying to keep anything away from Sam.

"I-I-" I stammered. He looked at me patiently, Expecting an answer.

"Well- Well... I've- Started to- to feel- Something." I looked at him for the first time since this happened. He looked puzzled, But waited for more.

"Your- You know... I want you- By my side a-and-" Words were cascading out of my mouth, Not checking any higher brain functions first. Sam's eyes softened and he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Take your time, Ponk." He said gently and cupped my cheek with a hand, keeping the other on my shoulders.

I took a minute to form my words and took a deep breath. Action first. Then words.

I wagged my finger, Signaling him to move closer. He moved closer, A few inches from my face. I cupped both of this cheeks and pulled him in for a warm kiss.

He kissed me back, cupping the back of my neck to make the kiss deeper. Everything went numb and I let go of his face, Letting my hands drop down to my sides. We separated, Panting for air. Sam smiled at me. It was the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. He cupped my cheek again and pulled me in for a quick kiss. I was a mess of flustered, Happy and confused.

"S-so- Will you be my-" He kissed me again, cutting me off.

"Of course, Ponky." Sam smiled at me. This was the happiest moment in my life.

"That took you long enough!" Said a voice behind me. I whirled around and saw Foolish behind me.

"F-Foolish?" I said nervously. He laughed.

It took you this long to finally get together? Finally!" He dusted his hands. I looked down at my feet, Embarrassed that he had witnessed anything. Sam laughed and went behind me, Sliding two arms down to wrap around my waist and rested his chin on my head.

"Speaking of which, I'm pretty hungry." Sam said casually, as if nothing had happened.

"Oh! Do you wanna go to Nikki's Bakery? We can always finish the wall later." I nodded eagerly, knocking Sam in the chin. He grunted and took his head off of mine. I patted his hand as an apology.

"Sure! I can pay?" The totem shook his head and patted a pocket in his elaborate outfit.

"I have more then enough. It'll be my treat to you two?" He raised an eyebrow, Waiting for a response.

"Oh!- If that is you don't mind Foolish-" I stammered. I didn't expect this generosity from Foolish. He laughed and began walking towards the exit. I separated myself from Sam and ran to catch up with Foolish.

-

Ding ding!

"Hi Foolish! Hi Sam! Hi Ponk!" Nikki called from behind the counter. The bakery smelled amazing, Not much different from the last time I had stumbled upon this place. Nikki was nice, She gave me some imperfect bread and sent me on my way.

"Hi Nikki!" I greeted. I looked around and ran into a booth. I slid into the chair and bumped my shoulder into the wall on accident. I reeled back and hit an arm next to me.

"Whoa, You all right?" He said gently, Reaching behind my back and rubbing my shoulder gently. I blushed and sat upright, Looking down at my lap.

"What can I get you all?" Nikki said, Sliding out from behind the counter and walking toward out table with a notepad and pen.

"I want something sweet! Maybe chocolate? Ooh! Or- Or Lemony?" I said. Nikki smiled and wrote something down.

"I'll have a Vanilla cake roll- Extra powdered sugar please?" Foolish said with a laugh. Nikki giggled as she wrote down the order.

"Oh- Uhh.. Strawberry Macaroons... Please." Sam mumbled the last part. Nikki nodded and headed out back. I tilted my head at Sam. He rarely mumbled and was almost never hesitant. I rested my hand on his, Squeezing it.

Hopefully that'll give him some reassurance... Oh Sammy, why are you so cute?

"Looks like you two are officially together now, Eh?" Foolish crossed his fingers and leaned his elbows against the table, Resting his chin on his crossed hands.

"I-I guess so-" Sam stuttered, Looking away with a dash of pink along his cheeks. Foolish laughed. 

"Don't be a moron, Of course we are!" I scolded him. I lightly punched his shoulder. 

I swear a grim, Worried expression crossed Foolish's face, But it vanished when i turned to him. He replaced his face with a grin.

"So.. Ponk." He said casually. I was mad suspicious now.

"Yeah?" I said, Acting as casual as I could.

"Your part of the eggpire now. Aren't you?" He said slowly. I tilted my head. Sam seemed to have tensed up too. I could feel muscles rippling through his arm and hand.

"Yeeahh..? I've been since I got here." I said slowly. Foolish didn't react, Didn't move. But I saw the slight shift in his eyes. I knew him too well. He was fearful, But he didn't show anyone.

"How long ago was that?" He said, His voice light and curious. I was getting a little nervous.

"Uh-uhm.. Maybe... Three months ago..?" I could see it now. Foolish's jaw clenched.

"Ah sorry! I just wanted to know haha." He laughed and rubbed the back of his head, Clearing all signs of distress. I was really nervous now. I looked to my left and Sam was looking back at me, Not pleased.

"Here's your food! Ill get you your bill. How has it been going?" Nikki came over and set down a few plates, All with our pastries.

"Oh! Its been going great Nikki just recently I-" His voice went into background chatter as more people entered the bakery. They chatted for a little longer before Nikki left to help the others. I grabbed the fork and began to dig in to my lemon cake slice.

-

I woke up with a groan and checked my clock. It was a Monday. I looked outside of the window and saw a grey and drizzly sky. I forced myself out of bed and opened my closet, Rubbing my eyes and yawning on the way over. 

I swiftly put on my clothes and groggily walked out the door. But i froze.

What just happened last night?

[Stay hy to the drated! Words: 1073]