1

"guess what i got?"

yeosang bursts into his apartment door, expecting to see hongjoong and maybe one of their friends - not four. soobin and taehyun are sprawled on the floor, putting together a relatively large jigsaw puzzle of what seems to be a montage of disney characters; yunho is rummaging through the fridge; mingi is on the couch reading a romance novel, and hongjoong is snoring quietly on his lap, stirring only after the door hits the wall at yeosang's rather loud entrance.

mingi slowly looks up from his book, expression disinterested.

"a venereal disease?"

hongjoong gasps at this, snapping up into a sitting position so fast he gives himself a headache. he looks at yeosang incredulously. "yeosang!"

"what?" yeosang responds in disbelief, shutting the door behind him, and taking a spot on the couch between mingi and hongjoong .

"what the fuck? no, i got my new car. i told you this before i left."

hongjoong's shoulders slacken at this, and he leans against the back of the small couch, now made uncomfortable with yeosang's thighs forcefully squeezed between him and mingi.

"if you told me this before 3pm, i probably wasn't listening."

"whatever," yeosang says, rolling his eyes because conversations get absolutely nowhere when there's more than three of them in one room. however, he clears his throat, tries to get everyone's attention.

"you know what this means, right?" he tries, urges everyone present to at least humor him just this once.

"a new car means..?"

most of soobin's attention is still turned to the puzzle as he picks out the frame from the mess of a pile.

"that you stole it?"

yunho comes back with a bag of chips in his hands - yeosang's pizza-flavored ones that hongjoong abhors and calls him a disgusting fuck for. no one likes pizza-flavored anything that isn't actually pizza.

"look, this conversation isn't going in the direction i want it to," yeosang admits. he pushes himself off the couch, eyes everyone in the room. no one is paying much attention to him, but what's new? no respect for him whatsoever.

"so what does the new car mean?" yunho decides to ask, on behalf of team asshole.

hongjoong sees him stuffing his mouth with artificial pizza flavoring and almost vomits.

"thank you, yunho." at least one of them cares enough to ask. "we're going on a roadtrip!"

mingi's brow creases, and he closes his book. finally. hongjoong yawns. mingi asks, "to where?"

with a shrug, yeosang admits, "i don't know. where do you guys wanna go?"

taehyun pushes himself off the floor and into a sitting position.

"maybe we should ask seonghwa. doesn't he go to those weird retreats in the outskirts of the city?" he has a pile of jigsaw pieces in his palm. "sounds sketchy, but worth a shot."