13

"can i tell you something?"

"oh, so we're doing heart to heart sessions now?"

yunho swings to his side to bump shoulders with mingi. "asshole."

mingi bumps back. "i mean, did you really have to ask?"

"it's just, i know how you feel, i guess," yunho starts. "about hongjoong."

mingi snorts. "doesn't everyone?" he kicks sand in the direction of yunho's feet. "don't tell me you're in love with him too."

"of course not. i'm just trying to be relatable."

"then spit it out." mingi frowns, taking his sunglasses off, and shoving them back into the pockets of his khaki shorts – the ones hongjoong says makes him look like one of those fraternity assholes.

when yunho starts hyperventilating, mingi punches him on the shoulder. "you need to calm the fuck down."

"give me a minute."

there's another pause long enough to allot a second punch, this time on yunho's thigh. "are you about to confess or something? because i'm not down with-"

"i'm in love with wooyoung."

"oh, jesus."

__

"what's up?"

"the fucking laptop has a virus. yeosang needs it to edit, like, asap."

"let me see."

wooyoung, who had pretty much given up at that point, slid the laptop over to, who he liked to call, the resident idiot. (or that one tech guy, to most, really.)

yunho began a rapid-fire typing session until a program popped up on the screen with binary numbers wooyoung never quite managed to understand – a weakness. finally, in no more than a minute, the laptop was back in wooyoung's hands.

"wait, how did-"

"there you go."

"are you sure?"

"yeah, i cleaned most of the laptops here the other day. tell yeosang he can use any one to edit."

wooyoung's mouth hung agape, words stuck in his throat.

two knocks were made on the door before yeonjun peered through the sliding glass window of the student broadcasting office. "yunho, you're on in five."

"my cue to leave." yunho gave wooyoung two quick pats on the shoulder before following yeonjun out.

for the next five minutes, wooyoung was left alone to wonder if sapiosexuality was really a thing.

because damn.

__

hongjoong was still pretend-watching the morning news – this time, among the squealing girls at the student union - when wooyoung approached him the next day. "oh, yeah. he's for real. personal was wiped clean of viruses. all i had to do was ask."