3

if he had any choice, hongjoong would have ridden with yeosang in his tiny as fuck suv.

"oh, sorry. 2016 chevrolet equinox."

"in silver."

a goddamn family car, as if anyone's surprised with yeosang's choices at this point. but they never know when yeosang might get someone pregnant.

"too bad he's gay," mingi likes to comment.

"i'm not fucking gay."

yeosang likes people - at least, that's what he says. everyone – every single one – in their group knows that people actually means hongjoong.

it was a romantic interlude.

if anyone could call it that.

despite being the same age, yeosang was already a sophomore graphic and visual design major when hongjoong entered college with a course in journalism.

they shared a dorm room for a whole year, and decided to share for two more until yeosang graduated.

yeosang, being the kind soul he always had been, was happy to show hongjoong around and help him settle in.

he definitely didn't expect hongjoong to repay him with an earth-shattering blowjob at the freshman party.

thanks to mingi who never knows when to shut up, they all end up constantly teasing him about it.

"you're not in love with hongjoong." mingi teases, but there's never a hint of playfulness in his voice, not when it comes to this subject.

he has this semi-permanent smug smirk that doubles as a patronizing factor whenever he speaks.

"you're in love with his mouth. everyone is."

yeosang is always conflicted between sitting quietly, internally offended, or just full out sucker punching mingi in the face, externally offended.

he mostly chooses the former, saves any remaining chance he has with hongjoong by not breaking his best friend's nose.

it gets awkward after that.

the tension is so thick even taehyun and yunho are deemed speechless.

yeunjun doesn't comment. the jokes end whenever mingi starts talking. it's unlikely of him to even set that kind of tone.

teasing yeosang about his first meeting with hongjoong is only fun whenever mingi isn't around despite him being the one to bring it up in the first place.

what yeosang failed - refuses - to mention is that the moment hongjoong stepped foot into their unit, hair cropped and dark and messy, with a heavy box of books between his hands, yeosang already found himself frozen and unaware of the breath he was holding back.

yeosang can never forget the way hongjoong smiled, sheepish, with sweat gleaming across his forehead, as he dropped the box at the end of an empty bed.