Chapter Seventeen

*NIALL’S POV*

Hannah fell asleep on me. She was sitting on my laps sideways in a way our bodies made an X.

Her legs were hanging over my thighs and her head was buried in my chest. I secured my arms around her, and brought her closer. There wasn’t much room on the theater chair and I didn’t want her to fall. Besides, I liked having her close to me.

I leaned my head against hers. Her grip tightened on my shirt, scrunching the fabric in her hands. She pulled on it lightly, pulling me closer.

She started whimpering in her sleep, and moved her head from side to side. I looked at her perplexed.

She then said something. My mouth dropped.

By the time the movie was over, Hannah was still asleep in my arms. I didn’t want to wake her up, so I stood up with her still in my arms. I exchanged a glance with Liam. Not a friendly one, I can tell you that.

Our bodyguards sneaked us out of the theater to the car. I noticed a few people taking pictures of me holding Hannah.

“Niall, you go first” Harry said gesturing to the car.

I faked a laugh “No way I’m riding with that cunt” I looked straight at Liam who seemed taken aback.

“What?” The boys looked at me perplexed

“Why not?” Zayn asked.

“Ask Liam.” I said. The only thing holding me back from punching him was Hannah.

I couldn’t stand seeing his face. I walked away from them ignoring their calls. I spotted a black van, quite similar from ours. The driver was standing by the car.

“Need a ride?” He asked. I nodded.

The driver opened the door for me. I reached over to lay Hannah down on the seats before I hopped in. I lifted her head up and sat down, then carefully laid her head on my lap. I slowly slid her closer to me. I put one hand on her head, stoking her hair and the other across her stomach. The car started moving.

I impulsively began singing to her quietly, almost whispering

“Girl I see it in your eyes you’re disappointed.

Cause I’m the foolish one that you’ve anointed with your heart.

I tore it apart.

And girl, what a mess I made upon your innocence,

And no women in the world deserves this.

But here I am,

Asking you for one more chance.”

I took a deep breath,

“Can we fall, one more time?

Stop the tape and rewind

And if you walk away I know I’ll fade

Cause there is nobody else.”

I placed my head in the crook of her neck and whispered

“It’s gotta be you.”

The car came to a rough stop causing both me and Hannah to jerk forward. Thankfully, I was holding her tight.

“Mate!” I growled at the driver “Watch it” I said.

He didn’t say anything. He kept driving. I just noticed how fast he was going

“And slow down, will ya?” I spoke anxiously.

He only accelerated.

“HEY! FUCKING SLOW DOWN!” I shouted. I felt Hannah move in my arms.

“Sorry mate. I don’t think I can quite do that.” He said.

“Niall?” Hannah woke up alert. She sat up once she realized I was holding her. I tried to keep my full attention on the driver.

“Why is it you can’t slow down?” I spoke through clenched teeth.

“Paparazzi” He said looking through the rear-view mirror. I turned around and saw a couple black vans behind us.

I swore under my breath.

“Niall” Hannah called worried. She looked at me completely lost in what was happening. Though she didn't ask questions. A part of me hoped she could still trust me.

The driver sped up and went in the left lane.

“You’re in the wrong lane!” I cried out

“Do you want to lose them or not?” He asked

“I’D RATHER HAVE A PICTURE TAKEN THAN MY DAMN LIFE!” I screamed.

He just blew a red light! The tires screeched as we came inches from hitting a car going in the other direction.

 “STOP! I WANT TO GET OUT!” I demanded. I just realized I was holding Hannah’s hand tightly. I was about to open the door when he locked it

“What the fuck?!”

“Sorry, Mr. Horan.” He said. That’s when I noticed the tiny camera taped to his CD player, pointing right at me.

“You fucking cunt!” I shouted furious.

He was about to say something when my eyes widened “WATCH OUT!”

*HANNAH’S POV*

I barely have time to react, Niall hovers on top of me. The tires screech, the car spins, both our bodies lurch forward. Glass shatters all around us. The shards hit us like tiny pellets. Though Niall received most of them.

I heard someone scream at the top of their lungs. It was quite distant.

I then realized, I was the one screaming.

The car finally came to a stop followed by complete silence.

I didn’t really remember much after that. I remember the sound of sirens, an ambulance and a couple voices.

“The boy is messed up pretty bad. He took most of the trauma. We had a hard time taking him away. He wouldn’t leave the girl.”

“What about the girl?”

“Thanks to him, I doubt there’s much damage done. We'll check on her as soon as we get them to the hospital. I really believe she'll be fine. I wish I could say the same about the boy.”