Chapter Thirty-Three

How we got to this, I don't know. Everything escalated so fast. Before I knew it, we were screaming at each other, objects were being thrown, and somewhere along the fight Niall had locked the door.

        "I'm not the father, Hannah! Why can't you just fucking tell me?!" He roared. I have never heard Niall's voice this loud; I thought it might break. "Instead you lie and... and let me get this fucking teddy bear for a baby that's not even mine!" He snatched the teddy bear from the bed and threw it out the window. He stood there one second, his back facing me, his fists clenched tightly into balls and his head down. He was extremely intimidating. And I was terrified. 

        "You fucked Liam." His voice was low, all of the sudden. Like he was talking to himself. He unclenched his fists, and burried his face in his hands. I stood there, staring at his back, hoping he was calming himself down. 

Niall's hands were shaking as he slid them through his messy quiff, tugging at the roots a few times. "This is the second time, Hannah..." He turned around and I could tell his anger was skyrocketing. "How dare you fool me?!" He screamed, "ME!" 

I was pushed against the wall so harshly I was heaving in order to breath. "W-what are you talking about?" I couldnt scream anymore, my voice was damaged and I wanted to cry. 

"Do you need for me to refresh your memory? Huh?!" Niall stomped on a picture frame of us three years ago that had fallen to the ground during the fight along with many other things. "A few months into our relationship Hannah, I was a poor boy foolishly in love. I went to work with my dad for a while, but I came back early." Niall clenched his teeth tightly. "To see you. But you weren't alone, were you?" He spat.

Realizing what he had shattered, he removed his foot, bent down and removed the sharp fragments of glass covering the picture. He held the edge of the photo between his fingers and stood back up, staring at it. His eyes were red and watering. His eyes still on the picture, he spoke in a weak, broken voice, "how could you do this to me?

A tear rolled down my cheek. I pushed myself off the wall, wincing a bit. "Niall, please let me expl-"

His head snapped up to look at me. "No! You betrayed me!" He shouted, "you have no right to be speaking to me! Why do you think I started acting that way with you? Because I am a monster? What about you, Hannah? What does that make you?" He stared at me for what seemed an eternity. Eventually, he tore up the picture in his hands. "Have a great life without me. I'm not hear to make it miserable anymore. It's all you, now." 

He let the torn pieces of the picture fall to the ground as he advanced towards the door to unlock it.

"Niall, please!" I ran to him, tears streaming down my face. I didn't want him to leave. All types of feelings were surfacing at once, and it was driving me insane. I lost a baby. I can't lose him.

He spun around, screaming an inch from my face: "What do you want?!"

My breath caught in my throat while he was catching his. His eyebrows were furrowed and his pupils dilated. His expression was harsh and terrifying.

"I want you. I love you. Please don't leave me," I sobbed, tugging at his shirt. Niall was silent. He sighed, his shoulders lowering. "I didn't cheat on you. I was drugged. I was scared you'd reject me if I told you. You meant the world to me." I wiped a stray tear. I couldn't tell if Niall believed me. It was the truth. 

"And Liam? He didn't drug you, did he?" 

"Niall, you are all that matters to me now..." I whispered sincerely. Niall shook his head, a tear escaping his eye.

"I've done some horrible things to you. I know that. A part of me said 'if you don't force her you will lose her'. Then it hit me. I wanted those smiles, those looks, that affection I used to get from you. I wanted you to love me back. I might not have aged to be the best at expressing my love, but I never could have imagined you would fool me and manipulate me into thinking I was having a child." His voice broke, his speech became frequently cut off by rapid puffs and whimpers. "I fell asleep every night, picturing myself holding our child. I stopped in front of every baby shop I walked passed. I felt this overwhelming happiness each time I saw a couple with their baby!" He buried his face inside his hands, choking, letting out ardent, heartbreaking whimpers as he cried. It felt like being stabbed in the same wound again, and again, and again. No monster cries like this. It takes a hell of a monster to make a fellow one cry. Who am I... What have I done? 

"No!" I blurt out instinctively. "I'm sorry!"

Niall wiped his shaking hands across his pale face to dry it, opened the door, and left wordlessly. 

A part of me died. 

Then another.

Then another.

It's like everything I've done to cause him to leave settled in my head, piece by piece. The more it did, the more it hurt. 

I wasn't even aware of what I was doing. All that I breathed was pain, all that I blinked were tears, all that I saw was emptiness, all that I felt was brokenness. All that I was... were memories.

__________________________________________

I know this is a short chapter, I wanted it to be just this scene. What do you think? Should Niall leave her, or come back? :P BTW I have a kik account for you guys : cmariecartier 
Message me! Its better than wattpad since I dont check it daily. Please check out Addicted, I've been quite active on that story. Anyways, happy new years! Bless you all <3 x