Chapter Thirty

"Stand up." Niall clenched his jaw tightly as if controlling himself. I narrowed my eyes at him completely flabbergasted. "Did I stutter?!" He roared. A shiver ran through me causing goose bumps to form all over my skin. I moved in Liam's grip only causing him to clung onto me. Niall's glare was firing at us and I knew if I wasn't standing within the next 5 seconds he would explode. I squeezed Liam's knee in reassurance and stood up, disregarding Liam's hands grasping at my hips, attempting to stop me. Before I could even step towards Niall, he reached out, grasped my arm and tugged violently causing me to crash against his chest. His arms snaked around my waist and he turned me around so my back pressed against his torso.

Liam opened his mouth, about to protest but was cut short by Niall clutching the hem of my shirt that rested just beneath my bum and lifted it up abruptly. He forced me around so Liam's vision came in contact with my inked skin.

"See that?" Niall growled, "What could that be?"

Liam stared at my tattoo for a while before lifting his heavy eyes up to meet mine. "A date." Liam grumbled.

"Bloody smart you are. Now, what could that date possibly represent?"

"I don't know." Liam clenched his jaw tightly.

Niall's deep chuckles caused vibrations to roll down his chest and penetrate my back. "Take a fucking guess."

Liam didn't detach his eyes from Niall's. He didn't even blink. "Alright," Niall smirked, "what I got forever engraved on her beautiful skin is the day when Hannah became mine. To be perfectly honest, I hesitated a bit on which date I wanted to mark her with. The other date being when she lost her virginity to me. To me, Liam."

Liam's eyes reflected a strong emotion that I couldn't quite read. When he finally did speak, he shook his head. "You're crazy." Liam whispered.

Niall laughed, "I'm just claiming what's mine, mate. Before you try to steal it away yet again. Now get out."

To be honest, I was surprised. Surprised that Niall didn't take this any further. I mean, he embarrassed me deeply but at least he didn't hurt Liam or get himself hurt. 

               "You know how I get when you're with him..." Niall mumbled as he gently washed the tattoo with Dial Antibacterial Soap in the bathroom. He had me standing, my left arm stretched up and my upper-body leaning to the right. My back was aching.

"Yes." I replied, cringing at the painful position I was in. 

He patted the tattoo dry with a paper towel and squeezed some A&D ointment on his index finger before carefully applying it to my skin. "Then why provoke me?" He questioned, no distinguishable emotion in his voice. He turned around, placing the tubes back on the sink. I stood normally, sighing in relief. 

"I'm not trying to provoke you." I spoke as genuinely as possible. He placed both of his hands on the sink and hunched over. 

"It hurts me, Hannah. And you know it." He whispered. I didn't reply. Niall cleared his throat as if he shouldn't have let himself get emotional, "I'll go fetch us some food." He said and hurried out of his room. 

I pressed my palm against my forehead and groaned in frustration. Why was everything so complicated? I moved my left arm so I could have perfect vision of my tattoo through the mirror. V.X.MMVIII. The Roman numerals for October 5th 2008. That date will never leave me. Was Niall serious about considering the date of our first time? Why didn't he? Not like doing so would have been out of character for him.

I sighed and walked out of the bathroom. I plopped down on Niall's bed and took in a deep breath. Unfortunately, peace didn't last very long. 

"Hey..." Liam was standing at the door, giving me a sad smile. He was probably worried because of Niall. "Are you okay?"