Training

___________

Japanese will be underlined

WARNING: Manga spoilers [Honestly you shouldn't even be reading this if you're not ok with spoilers]

___________

Two weeks ago, Yoriichi had lead you out of the estate from a door you had never seen before. It was hidden behind a piece of cloth hung from the wall, and it lead to a small clearing outside surrounded by the woods. Because the sun was rising, everyone else was asleep including Douma. Who knew demons could sleep?

Since then, every morning at dawn you would train with Yoriichi until dusk. Once you finished, you would wash up and join the others in the dining room to eat 'breakfast'. After that, you would sleep the rest of the night.

Originally, Yoriichi was just going to train you on the basics of swordsmanship so you would be able to protect yourself. But, you had convinced him to take you on as his tsugoku. If you wanted to be able to save Rengoku, and hopefully the others, you would need to be able to use a breathing style. And who better to teach you one than the person who created the basis of all breathing styles.

Today, you had finally mastered total concentration breathing after two weeks of training.

"Good. Widen your stance a bit and straighten your back." Yoriichi gently adjusted you and stood back to look at you.

"Alright, you can relax now." You sighed and laid down on the floor. Swinging a sword a thousand times everyday had made you a lot stronger, but your stamina still felt like shit.

Yoriichi sat on the floor next to you. "Now that you've mastered total concentration breathing, you'll need to master total concentration breathing constant."

You giggled. "Try saying that 5 times in a row."

"I'm serious Y/n. If you want to be able to use sun breathing you need to be able to do this. You're a fast learner my dear. I'm sure you'll be able to master it in three weeks at most."

You groaned. "That's almost a MONTH! What if Tanjiro has already met Muzan! I'm never gonna be able to save Rengoku.." You turned away from him and face planted into the ground.

"My dear, I'm sure you'll be able to do it. Even if you're not able to save Rengoku, you still might be able to save the others." You sat up and glared at him.

"Bitch I like the others but Rengoku is top priority! Do you know how much his death ruined my mental health?" Yoriichi flinched. He stared at you for a a few seconds until his eyes eventually softened. For a second you thought he looked....scary. His eyes were cold, and devoid of emotions. But, you were probably just imagining it.

___________

Two Weeks Later

___________

You had mastered total concentration breathing constant quickly, and Yoriichi had deemed you ready to begin learning the 12 forms of sun breathing. Before, you had been using an old katana Yoriichi had found lying around the estate. No doubt something that had once belonged to a former demon slayer Douma had killed. Today, Yoriichi had surprised you by giving you his old sword.