a Meeting with a Demon

___________

Japanese will be underlined

WARNING: Manga spoilers

___________

"You've brought...a human?" Muzan glared down at Douma. "Yes, my lord. But, there's something inhuman about them." 

Muzan then turned his glare to you. Even with your eyes closed you could practically feel your skin burning under his gaze. "Please stop looking at me. I have social anxiety and your staring isn't helping."

"What are you?" You slowly uncover your eyes and look around the room. All of the upper moons surrounded you, and on a slightly raised platform was Muzan, in all of his glory. "I said, what are you?" You looked up at him.

"Jesus, do all of you speak English or something?" You were about to say more when suddenly a needle connected to a fleshy arm like thing was dangerously close to your neck. "Answer my question. What are you?"

"Don't you know it's rude to just ask someone that? You could at least say hello first." The needle got closer. "OK OK! Calm your tits! I'm a human...obviously."

Muzan's glare worsened somehow. "You dare lie to me?" You raised an eyebrow. "No, I do not dare. Contrary to popular belief I'm not that dumb." Then, the needle was at Douma's neck.

"You not only arrive late, but you bring some weak human along with you? You may be powerful Douma, but I will not hesitate to replace you the second you become a hindrance." Douma's smile seemed to weaken. Muzan continued to threaten Douma when you finally remembered.

You had hidden Yoriichi's sword in the sleeve of your haori. You looked around and saw Yoriichi standing behind you, looking at Kokushibo with a sad glint in his eyes. He must've followed you to Douma's room when you weren't looking. 

You slowly turned around and saw a pot. Perfect.

Quickly you ran towards it and picked the pot up. Immediately holding it over the edge of the platform you were all standing on. 

"YOU DISGUSTING HUMAN! PUT MY BEAUTIFUL POT DOWN BEFORE YOU TAINT IT MORE!" Gyokko Upper Moon 5 had shouted. You remembered him from the Swordsmith Village arc. To be completely honest, he was even uglier than you remembered him to be. 

"NO! SEND ME BACK OR I DROP YOUR PRECIOUS POT!" He immediately started screeching about how evil you were and how horrible you would be to destroy something so beautiful. You were so busy trying to tune him out that you didn't see him coming to attack you until it was almost too late.

Thank god you developed fast reflexes during training.

"Sun Breathing: Raging Sun!"

Muzan's eyes widened. He recognized the sword you held and his body burned where it had cut him years before. Gyokko's body dropped onto the floor, split in half. 

That's when he saw it. The look in your eyes, it was just like his. The same look that man had the night he decapitated Muzan, the night that Muzan felt something he hadn't felt since he was a human. Weakness. 

Muzan felt weak.

They all looked at you with fear in their eyes. A fear that didn't belong to them, but a fear that belonged to Muzan. The one person who could've killed him, who was capable of destroying everything he had built, had finally come back. 

Were you a reincarnation of him? Had his sins finally caught up to him?

He blinked, and suddenly those thoughts disappeared. He wasn't weak, you were merely a human, he was stronger than you. But, that didn't mean you weren't a threat. 

From what he knew, you weren't an official Demon Slayer. So Ubuyashiki had no knowledge of you, nor of the threat you posed towards Muzan. If he was careful, you could become his greatest weapon yet.

___________

Taishō Era Secrets

___________

Kokushibo felt like someone was staring at him throughout the meeting

If you hadn't attacked Gyokko, Muzan would've killed Douma

___________

Next update: Next Friday