Chapter 8

-The New Lead-

15th September, Wednesday.

"Today's first practice starts off with the main character. Can you please step out Lucas so everyone could see you?"

I stepped out and stood there, lazy.

"Now can all the side characters-"

Today is a busy day. Everyone is in a hurry to find the right supplies for this so-called "perfect" scene.

"We are missing the main character!" The director shouted.

"But Mr. Director, Lucas is here already."

"No! What I meant was, we need a female lead!" The director pushed his fist up in the air.

"Who could it be for this perfect role though?" The director whispered to himself loud enough for Lucas to hear it.

My ears perked up and I raised my hand.

"I think I know who would be perfect for this role!" I said to the director.

"You do, Lucas? That's quite rare of you! Could you bring her here please?" The director said with excitement.

"But she's in school right now..."

"No worries! I will deal with that! Now can you fetch her for me?" The director signaled me to go while he was in his dream land.

"Are you being serious right now?" I sighed and went out of the building.

"Now how am I going to tell the teacher? Do I just say, "Hey, mind if I steal Athy for a while? I'm sure you won't mind!" I don't even know when the director will ask for permission!" I groaned and pressed my nose bridge with my thumb and forefinger.

"Mommy, why is that man over there speaking to himself?" A little kid asked.

'Ugh, shit. Now I look like an idiot.'

I continued running to my destination.

-----------------

Bored. Bored. Bored. BORED! I never knew that with Lucas's absence, it would be this boring! The teacher told the whole class that he needed to attend to something important, which I don't know what it is! The class seems pretty sad, especially the girls. Now that I think of it, I think Lucas's presence is of no use at all! He would just sleep in class all day long without talking to me! Although it does feel pretty lonely and empty...

I sighed and looked out the window instead, giving no attention to the learning. Yet again, headaches get worse each day. Jennette and Ijekiel went to different classes, which led to me being alone.

Not long after, I felt my eyes slowly getting heavy and I fell asleep.

"What are you doing here?" A voice echoed through the dark room.

"No... It cant be..." I whispered.

"Get out of my room this instant!" A familiar voice shouted at me.

I cant move.

The figure came close to me. I can't see the figure clearly, but I definitely know who it is. He stared down at me with those sharp identical eyes.

"You dare to disobey me after what you've done." He kicked me to the wall like I was some kind of dirty bug.

Tears came out of my eyes.

It hurts.

This same exact scene is a nightmare.

I coughed out blood and slowly crawled to the corner.