Chapter 13

-Preparation pt. I-

Jennette knocked on my bedroom door as I yelled, Come in!"

"We got a lot of things to catch up!" Jennette opened my door and ran over to hug me.

I laughed and hugged her back, "Sorry I've been quite busy these days..."

"Are you feeling alright now? I heard that you passed out. Don't overwork yourself okay? Get plenty of rest too!" Jennette scolded me and I giggled.

"Okay, okay! So how are things going between you and Kiel?" I quickly changed the topic and led her to my couch.

Jennette showed her widest smile, "It's amazing!! He is really kind and cute too. He helps me a lot and cheers me up when I'm down. He is always there for me."

I gave a smile not knowing what it feels like, though I'm happy for her. It's not even a surprise that they both ended up together.

"Athy... Does Kiel love me?"

Surprised by her statement, I replied, "Of course! Why would you even ask that?"

"Do you think I'm forcing him to like me? I always wonder if everything about this is even pure?" Jennette smiled and drank the tea that I've set up on the table.

"What makes you think that way?" I looked at Jenny in the eye.

"Do you realize that Kiel likes you? Is Kiel's affection for me sincere or driven by guilt? What if he meets a girl who is better than me one day? Will he leave me alone? I wish none of these things would be true so I could just make him happy."

Jennette was holding back her tears and was shaking out of fear.

"Jennette... Kiel doesn't seem like the kind of person who would cheat, so I can assure you that nothing like this would happen. I'm sure he loves you dearly. Weren't you both childhood friends? He would be such a jerk if he actually does such things to you, just confront him and forget about him. Kiel is probably just finding the right moment to share those happy memories with you. I'm always here for you, don't worry much!" I held Jennette's hand and gave her a reassuring smile.

Tears fell down from her eyes, "I guess you're right. I'll just do what I can do right now."

I motioned for her to take the cake and eat to cheer her up a bit and it completely changes her mood.

"So... how are thing's going between you and Lucas?" Jennette asked while munching on the piece of cake.

I gave her a nervous smile.

'Will it be really okay to tell her?'

"What? You're going on a date?"

"How did yo-"

"So you really are going on a date! I'm so happy and excited for you!!" Jennette grabbed my arms and pulled me out of my seat.

She directed me towards my closet while deciding on what to pick.

"When's the date going to happen?" Jennette asked while rummaging through my clothes.

"W-well, my mom decided to plan a vacation trip to the beach next week..."

Jennette continued to reply, "You both will be going there?"

"His mother and my mom are quite good friends."

"The beach..................?" Jennette looked at me a grinned.

'I don't like where this is going...' I fiddled my fingers.