22. How Could You

Warisha's POV

  I couldn't believe that this was happening for real. Though I did not dare to say this out loud, or maybe I was saying it loud but I didn't know. I looked around, making sure that no one's attention was on me to confirm that I'm actually just thinking and not blabbering. Each of them were admiring the passing view.

Good job, Warisha.

"Yaha baithe-baithe tune kaunsa kaam karliya jo khud ko sabashee de rahi hai?" Faiz asked.

"Did I do that again?" For sure I was sounding puzzled.

Faiz was looking at me with his narrowed eyes.

"Of course I did." I muttered sitting straight.

"Is this because we are here?" Samar asked.

Of course, duh! Do you think I'm an idiot who keeps talking to herself?

"Maybe we don't qualify for someone who deserves a reply from her. Only she's worthy for herself."

Wait wait?

That witty comment was from Mr. Samar Innocent Puri. Or maybe not so innocent. Did I not reply to him? Oh, maybe.. I didn't. Was he waiting for my reply? Of course! Wait.. I'm doing it again. I'm again talking to-

"Maybe you're right, Samar." Sanam nodded,   "we are not worthy enough."

"Aise nahi hai!" I shrieked, "I swear I replied to you. In my mind.I just forgot to say it out loud. But I did, I swear!"

My statement was followed by silent stare from all people around me.

The five seconds long silence was broken by Keshav's, "aisa bhi hota hai kya?"

I blankly replied, "I guess?" And everyone around bursted out laughing hard.

I pressed my lips together in a straight line, "and I made myself a laughing lot."

Faiz wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in a side hug, "you did, War." Still chuckling.

After few minutes, Venky asked, "where are the rest of you?"

Faiz pointed his fingers towards him, "aage wale car mein."

"So, you guys are coming to Manali for tour or there's some show happening?" I asked.

"That.." Sanam took the charge, "our show is included in your tour. Didn't you go through the description?"

My eyes widened hearing that, "really? I didn't read the description. Are you serious, Sanam? Your performance is really there?"

With a straight face he replied, "I'm joking." But he couldn't control his giggles that were followed by his words.

"You got me there."

After 3 hours of driving we stopped at a Dhaba. Getting off from the jeep, my first thought was to search for Mansi.

"Guys?" Keshu called us.

Faiz and I turned towards them.

"Don't let anyone know that we are here.. for now, please?"

Sanam laughed keeping his hands around Keshu's shoulder, "put that hoodie on, chashma laga le. No one would care."

"You're sure?"

Venky came forward, "it's not that we are at our show venue and everyone's waiting for us.  We're cool here."

Samar also added, "haa, yaha log humse Milne nahi; apne doston aur family ke saath enjoy karne aaye hai. No one is here for our band. But..." He looked at me, "don't tell your friend abhi... Your girl friend is quite loud. No offense."