Chapter 17

PARAMPARA. PRATISHTHA. ANUSHASAN.
(Baaki at the end! 😜)

***

Warisha's POV

"Late! Late! Late! Late! Late!" I was blowing the life out of my scooty horn as an unnecessary crowd in street was blocking the roads. "Ya khuda! Yeh sab tabhi kyu hona hota hain jab main late horahi hoti hu?" I blowed the horn once again but no.use.at.all.

I could have smacked my head on a wall right now but that wasn't also available here. I looked around- I didn't find the wall but the biker beside me somehow took a cut a made enough way for a two-wheeler to pass by. Quickly I followed before anyone else could block my way.

I sighed in relief, "oh God! Thank you for getting me out from there."

I accelerated my speed resuming my journey to 'ameero ki basti'. I was running ten minutes late once again and still had like 25% of way to cover. Why do I keep forgetting about this tuition on Fridays? The conversation between me, myself and God was interrupted by my cellphone. The guitar tune of Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna.

I can't even facepalm because I was driving, and I forgot to plug in my earphones. "Keep ringing beta.. I can't answer you." I whispered looking at my bag resting on my side. The phone became quiet for a while but soon resumed again. But by that time I reached my destination. I stopped my vehicle and quickly answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Miss. Warisha? Are you not coming today?"

I checked the screen.. Mrs. Arora.

"Uhm.. actually-"

But she continued, "it's okay if you are not. Mannat isn't home. We tried to call you but you weren't available and she left after waiting for you."

Great! Too soon. I was staring at their balcony. All this racing in vain! Mentally I was scowling but physically I put up a smile, "okay, Mrs. Arora. Thank you. I was on my way but it's okay." I replied warmly.

"You're on your way? Miss.. if you're nearby then do come and take some rest before you head back home. I know the distance between your college and our home is very tiring." She sounded really concerned.

How sweet.

"It's okay aun- I mean Mrs. Arora."

Warisha!

"You're sure?"

"Yeah.. I am."

And with that we hung up the call after saying our take cares.

"Did I really travel all the way, waited so long in that trafic.. raced my way here only to go back without even letting them know I actually came?!" I cried at my fate.

Nevermind.. let's go.

Before I could settle down and start the engine. Someone called me. Wait.. I already know who it is because only one person calls me that-

"Warisha ma'am!"

I smiled looking at the direction from where Mannat was coming. She stood near me, "I was waiting for you!"

"I was on my way but ab toh aap bahar jaa rahe ho." I pointed out.

"Aap aaoge humare saath?" She offered with a bright smile.

"Humare saath?" I questioned, "tum aur kaun?"

"Main aur woh!" She turned and pointed behind.

My eyes followed her and landed on the man approaching towards us wearing a white turtle neck T-shirt with red lining, paired with a faded blue denim jacket and jeans.