Chapter 11

Warisha's POV

I followed Mrs. Johns patiently till we were standing at doorstep of someone. I was heck nervous. My heart was beating so fast. Taking in a deep breath, I exhaled slowly.

The door was answered by a lady who was in her late twenties or early thirties, most probably.

"Madam, aaeye.. " she welcomed us. "Main abhi didi ko bulati hu." And hurried to some other room

We got inside the house. I was checking it out. The interior of the hall was simple; a sofa set and center table, some paintings and wall decor on walls, but what really caught my attention was the big window that had a beautiful city view.

"Madame Johns.. " we turned to the voice. She was also a lady in her mid thirties or somewhere near, "Such an unexpected visit! " she smiled coming to us, "You were on leave, right? " and smiled at me, "I see you have company today."

"Jahnvi, she's my student, Warisha." Mrs. Johns introduced me. I smiled, giving a head bow as a gesture and she returned it back, "Hello, Warisha."

"Hello, Ma'am." I smiled, nervously obviously.

"Jahnvi, I brought her here as my substitute for Mannat. I remember her exams are just a month away so I don't want to leave her to anyone but someone as my own student. She's brilliant."

"Ohh..." The lady, Jahnvi smiled, "Thank you so much for that.. I was really worried for studies when you informed us about your leave. Oh! I haven't let you to be comfortable." She chuckled, "Come sit."

She sat on sofa and we joined her too.

"Mannat isn't here? " Mrs. Johns asked.

Why is this name sounding so familiar? I thought. Like I have heard it somewhere. But because of my nervousness, I couldn't think about anything properly.

"She is at her cousin's. Her favorite one." Jahnvi, who I suppose was Mannat's mother.

"She doesn't miss a chance to meet them, isn't it? " and then they laughed. I sat there awkwardly and after five minutes we left from there.

During the drive, Mrs. Johns told me everything about her student- the grade she was in, her school, her favorite subject, how to teach her and treat her. She said that her student is obedient and I'd like her, I hope it happens as Mrs. Johns' saying.

I was still with her when my phone ringed and I saw the id, "Rohan..?"

Muttering an excuse me I answered the call. "Rohan, kya hua?"

"War, where are you? " he asked impatiently.

I told him my current location and he almost screamed, "PERFECT! "

"Ouch! Rohan! If you wanna scream then please hold your phone a mile away from you! " I hissed.

"Oh.. Sorry, sorry." He apologized, "but please do me a favor."

Haa! Favor!

"What?" I hissed.

"Woh jo gift gallery hai na us road par please waha se mera gift collect karle. Please.. " he requested.

"They don't hand the item unless we show the bill and I don't have that! "

"War yaar, Mera naam hi kaafi hai and even if they don't, then just make a call, okay? " he said.

"Woh toh theek hai but gift kiske liye? "

"Kiske liye?! " he gasped. "War, did you forget? "

"Forgot?" I frowned, "forgot what? "