Mad Love (part one)

"I am so beyond confused right now," you whispered to Wirt, who was sitting next to you at the elegant golden table.
"Perfect pleasure-easure-easure!" Greg and the strange old man danced on the table, spinning around like they were playing ring-around-the-rosey.
"Yeah, me too," Wirt responded. "Beatrice, why are you pretending that this guy is our uncle?"
Beatrice rolled her eyes. "Because we need money, fool."
You hummed in response and looked over at Wirt. "This guy's house has a lot of traditional Georgian architecture, Pottsfield and the tavern were almost colonial looking, and everyone in the schoolhouse dressed like pioneers. Where are we and why is nothing modern?" You whispered to him.
"Yeah, I noticed that too. Everyone's lives seem to be extremely romanticized as well, like we're in some kind of historical fiction piece." He replied.
"It's almost like-" you started, but the word 'ghost' had caught your attention.
"What ghost, unkie?" Greg asked the strange old man.
"The ghost that I have fallen in love with, nephew. The only thing is... I'm frightened."
"Of the ghost?" Greg looked confused.
"No no I'm not afraid of the ghost." Endicott shook his head. "I'm afraid that there is no ghost. Maybe the doctors were right... and I am going mad."
"Don't be mad, unkie!" Greg cheered. "Me n' Fred will help you find the ghost!" And with that, Greg grabbed his Frog, one of Endicott's hands, and bounced out of the room.

"Perfect! Now we can go find some money." Beatrice exclaimed.
"I'll stay in the parlor just in case Endicott comes back." You said.
As you watched the bluebird and the pretty boy leave the room, you sat down at a table in the parlor, and noticed a piece of paper and a set of quills and ink. Since you were quite bored, you decided to write a little letter to Wirt, just in case some sort of push of courage would convince you to give it to him.
Dear Wirt,
I know you're probably still madly in love with Sara or whatever, and honestly I don't blame you- that girl is pretty and you two would be such a power couple, but over the past few weeks, and especially throughout the past few... however long we've been in the unknown for, I have grown to have like crazy feelings for you. You're just so nice to me, and I didn't have any friends really until you showed up and I cant get enough of those brown eyes and fluffy hair. You're just so pretty I don't even know how to put it into words but I do know one thing- I am down so bad for you. So, if you ever do read this (which I know I'm not very good at 'words' and I apologize and compared to your poetry this is literal dog crap) just know that I don't want to let my feelings get in the way of our friendship.
~ y/n

"Oh my gosh" you said to yourself. "There is no way in hell I am letting him read that."