A Somber Sleep

Wendy knew she shouldn't stay around them when no one else was around. They weren't sure what kind of magic Dreydek had used on Natsu, Lucy, Erza or Gray. They wouldn't wake up, and even worse their magic power was slowly draining.

If this keeps up, they would definitely die. And Wendy knew this. Almost everyone in the guild knew. Gajeel was pissed Natsu and the others had let themselves get exposed to something like that, and Levy was beside herself. Gajeel kept her away for her sake.

Wendy rested her hand in the blonde Celestial Mage's hand. She squeezed it lightly as unbound tears fell from her eyes.

"Lucy, you've got to wake them up..." She sobbed quietly.

•••

I giggled and pulled back from Natsu as he kissed me playfully. "Someone is at the door!" I laugh.

"Shh, just let me kiss you!" He pulled me back. I let him kiss me once more before dashing to the door. There stood Erza and Gray, both looking happy and ready to venture out.

"You guys ready?" I ask them. Surprisingly Erza shook her head.

"We decided it would be best to just have a short vacation. Don't you think?" Erza smiles. I smile back and nod slowly.

Natsu...does anything feel off to you?

No. Why?

Ah, nothing.

I let them in and close the door. I stare out the window for a few seconds before turning back. Whatever had compelled me to venture out was now gone and I traveled back to where Natsu was on the couch and I sat down on his lap.

We spent the evening talking and laughing, playing games and eventually falling asleep while watching a movie. That's when I woke up in the middle of the night. The lights where still on so I got up from the couch, removing myself from Natsu's arms.

I flipped off the lights and covered Erza and Gray with blankets. I was heading to the bedroom to grab one for Natsu when suddenly two arms encircled me and I felt lips on my neck. I hummed softly in response.

I felt Natsu's lips curl into a smirk. He turns me around and pulls me into our room and closes the door. He falls on the bed and pulls me with him. I laugh softly and kiss his nose. I fall asleep again on his chest. It was warm...

"Lucy, you've got to wake them up..." Wendy's sobbing voice jerks me out of my slumber. I sit up and find Natsu is gone from the bed and the light is a bit too bright on my tender eyes. I look around for Wendy but don't find her, or the others.

"Natsu? Gray? Erza!" I called their names, panic rising in my throat. Something strange was going on...

"Lucy...please...you're the only one...wake them up!" Wendy's voice came through again.

"Wendy! Wake who up? Where are you!!" I yell, panic now evident in every sound and move I make. I grab my keys run out of the house and towards the road. I was going to the guild. That's when I saw Erza, Gray and Natsu at the top of the road-arms folded.

"What is going on..." I murmur.

"Lucy! What are you doing?" Erza called. I gulp and reach for my ring of keys.

"I...I'm waking us up!" I yell, not knowibg necesarily what that meant or how I woud do it.

"Waking us up? What do you mean?" Gray shouted.

"This...this isn't real! Something is wrong!" I tell them.

"What the hell are you rambling about?" Natsu asked.

My voice spoke simultaniously with Wendy's, "Everything is a lie of Dreydek's creation!!"

•••

"I have a feeling those fairies are panicing about now," a familiar dark voice snickered.

"Yes master. Your work went acording to plan." a soft voice replied.

"I won't let that Natsu get his celestial mate. And I will destroy Fairy Tail along with him," the dark voice sneered.

"Of course! But, why Fairy Tail?" the softer voice asked.

"Because it houses Natsu Dragneel, who holds Igneel. If I kill him, I kill Igneel," the dark voice growled.

"H-how does Natsu hold Igneel?" the soft voice questioned.

"That damn Dragon King hid himself in his son!" the dark voice roared. The soft voice said no more.

"I'll have that dragon, and that damn Fairy Tail."