Form The Bond

Natsu was glaring daggers at the enemy before him. His fists where lit with flames, the wind blowing his hair and clothes slightly, brushing around the last of the unsettled debris from the earlier explosion.

"What makes you think you can take me down all of a sudden?" Dreydek asked, slightly amused.

"Because, I've got a fire in my belly, and it's raging to get out!" Natsu ran at the man and slammed his fists together.

"Fire Dragon Secret Art: Flaming Lotus!!" Natsu slams the fire down onto Dreydek with renewed vigor, and you could see Dreydek was beginning to tire out. I watched nervously, wanting it over.

Dreydek stood up and coughed before chanting, "Earth Bearer Summon!" And a tall creature made of earth erected from the ground. I gaped at the earth-born creature, and Makarov muttered something about a cheating bastard.

My fist closed over my heart and I watched with a pained expression as Natsu punched the creature. Gray attacked it's left leg and Erza aimed for the right. Makarov sighed wearily before growing in size and slamming his palm on the creature like he was smashing a pesky bug. Natsu jumped off Makarov's fist and onto a surprised Dreydek.

Natsu hit him and Dreydek flew back. When he landed he created a crater, and he didn't move. Makarov seemed unsurprised, while I stared in shock. Then I remembered I had to bond with him. I hurried over to him while Makrov talked to Erza and Gray.

"Natsu!" I call for his attention and his head snaps in my direction. He walks towards me and grabs my arm before pulling me to him.

"I told you I'd end it..." He murmured as tears fell from my eyes.

"Jeez you idiot, you scared me!" I grab a fistful of his shirt in my hand. I leaned my head on his chest and cried a bit.

"I'm sorry Luce. But you know... I've probably pushed myself to my limits. We have to bond, soon." Natsu says looking down at me.

"How...how do we bond..." I ask, still curious as I looked up, my tears leaving.

"I'd rather tell you when we get back," he paused before calling to Makarov and the others saying he was taking me home. We walked most of the way there quietly. I wanted to know what it was...

I... I have to kiss you. And mark you as mine. And...even more than that. But that can wait a while, for now.

I froze where I was, just outside his house now. I stared at him.

What...!

Natsu turned around to face me. Wind tossed his hair a bit, and we stood staring at each other for a good amount of time. Then I stepped towards him, and I kept going until I stood right in front of him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the house. I looked at him for only a second and then away, slightly unsure of myself.

"Lucy," Natsu called my name gently. I still couldn't look at him.

"Luce," he stepped closer to me, putting his finger under my chin and pushing my head up slightly. He slowly wrapped his arm around my waist and he lifted his hand from my chin to the side of my face. He slowly moved closer to me, our lips drawing nearer. Then I suddenly drew back.

"I don't know if I can kiss you! I mean I've only ever thought of you as my best friend and--" I moved away from him slightly, walking around him and away a little bit. I looked down and played with my fingers.

"Lucy, it'll be alright, I promise," Natsu assures me gently.

"But what happens if it doesn't work?! What if I kiss you and you still leave me?" I panic.

"Lucy..." Natsu sighed.

"I can't do that to you, or myself... I'd just ruin-Ah!" Natsu grabbed my waist and pulled me back to him. He spun me around and held my hips firmly.

He looked into my eyes and said, "Everything will be fine." I nod slowly, calming down.

"I'm just scared..." I murmur.

"Is okay," Natsu chuckled.

"Hey, don't laugh!" I pout. I turn my head from him which results in him pulling me closer. I look up at him and my eyes land on the lips I'd never considered kissing...

"Ouch Lucy. Coming from you, that hurts," Natsu pretends to act hurt.

I punch him lightly yelling, "Don't listen to my thoughts! Jeez you--mph!" Natsu place his hands behind my head and pulled me up to him, and our lips met in a kiss. My cheeks heated up and I stared wide eyed, frozen in place. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I slowly relaxed. Natsu pulled away slightly before leaning down a bit and kissing my neck.

Shivers raced down my spine as goose bumps spread across my skin like wildfire. Natsu nipped on part of my neck and I felt my knees go weak. He still had a firm grip on my waist and I felt warmth spread through me from the spot where I felt a light stinging. Natsu lifted his head, a grin on his face.

"Guess what Lucy?" He whispered in my ear.

"W-what?" I murmur a response.

"You're mine..."