Confessions For The Heart

Meisrei

I was disappointed really. Natsu seemed to have moved on from the incident completely. My fingers gripped a glass with a strawberry shake, my appetite all but present. It was trembling slightly, making me realize I was shaking.

Did Natsu not feel that way towards me? Does Natsu even love me? What am I to him?

I pushed away the glass and got off the stool, angrily stomping away. Tears had fought their way into my eyes and now flew from them as I stormed out - my own thoughts angering and saddening me. People in the guild turned as I left, my commotion surprising them. I slammed the door behind me and wiped at my tears as I walked.

"Lucy!" The voice calling me made my heart ache. "Are you alright? You just stormed out of the guild-" I looked over my shoulder at him, trying to hide the tears but show the anger.

"I just need some space," I choke out though the knot in my throat.

"You're crying," Natsu noted softly. "Why are you crying? Who made you cry?"

I shake my head, I didn't want to tell him. "It was no one. Just my own thoughts," I sigh.

"What where you thinking about?" He presses. I swallow to try and clear my throat.

"M-my parents," I lie. Natsu seemed to notice because he frowned.

"Then why are you so angry?" I folded my arms as he asked.

"I just am, alright?" I snap in response with more acidity than I intended. I stayed silent for a while, his scarf fluttering in passing breezes that also carried my long hair.

We've been under that spell a long time, I think, and during that time I fell in love with Natsu a thousand times over.

He stares at me for periods of time and then looks away, actually showing a bit of patience. I drop my arms and begin to walk away, not able to take being near him. I was on the brink of new tears and I needed to get away.

"Luce where are you goin'?" Natsu starts to follow me. I stop and look at him, shaking my head to tell him not to follow.

"Don't, I just need to be alone, maybe forever," I whisper the last two words to myself.

"You look like you're about to cry again. I can't just leave you when you're cryin'! What kind of best friend would I be if I did!?" He caught up to me and turned me gently to look at him. I hung my head to hide my eyes.

"Let go..." I mumble weakly, barely trying to shake out of his grasp.

"Hey, tell me what's wrong," he said more demanding. "It isn't your parents, that wouldn't effect you like this."

"Just let go," I sigh. "It doesn't matter." My own words stung me a bit. I really didn't matter. I stepped away from Natsu with the tears in my eyes beginning to spill over again. Suddenly I was turned and pulled back towards Natsu. He had his scarf around me-I was pinned to him.

"It matters," Natsu stares at me.

"Ever since we got back, out of that spell, it's like nothing changed; none of it mattered. Maybe you didn't actually feel anything for me, and I understand that," tears had escaped me and where falling. "But I fell in love with you! And I still love you.." I lean on him and cry softly.

His arms wrapped around me completely and he didn't say anything. I pushed back and he let me, not forcing me to stay close to him. I wiped at the small tears, left from my short crying session.

"I should go..." I sniffle. Natsu places a hand on my arm and I look at him wearily.

"Luce," he breathed my name and pulled me back to him. "I love you too, I was just afraid you would freak out if I told you-" I interrupted him with a kiss. It felt amazing, and made me realize just how much I missed kissing him. His hands wrapped around my waist and I held his face with my hands.

When we broke apart he was grinning. I blushed like mad after realizing what had happened. Natsu laughed at my blushing face and released me.

"I guess getting put under that spell wasn't so bad after all, was it?" I look over at him as we make our way towards my apartment.

"No.." He smiled at me. But he seemed distant. Something must have been on his mind - something big. My mind immediately flew to the thought of the transformation I had to prevent him from making.

Was it a real thing??

I stare at him in wonder, but I shake my head. I tried not to think about negative things like that too much. I opened the door to my apartment and stepped inside, Natsu not far behind.

"Ah, this feels nice!" I flop back onto my bed with a very satisfied sigh. Natsu leans over me, trapping me.

"So, does all this mean you're my girlfriend now?" He smirks as he asks.

"Sure, if you want me to be," I laugh in response and kiss him.

When I pull back he smiles at me, but his eyes look far away. I bite my lip and sit up beside him on the bed. Something big had to be bothering him, and I wanted to know what. I decided to talk to Makarov if he didn't want to talk about it when I asked.

I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"This whole mess isn't over yet, is it?" I breathe.

Natsu's oynx eyes meet mine. "No, it's not."