It Can't End Here

Natsu...please... Tears fall down my face as I run blindly for help.

Stay away Lucy! Don't come near him!

I have to help you!

That's what he wants!

I don't care, I can't leave you to fight alone!

I can do this Lucy, you have to trust me.

Natsu, please don't do this.

I don't have a choice, I have to do it.

Just come back! I'll get Erza, Gray, Wendy...anyone to help you!

No Lucy, don't bring them into this. I can do this, it won't take me too long. Now I have to go.

No, wait!

Lucy, I can't. I love you.

Then there was silence in my mind. He had gone silent.

N-natsu...?

Nothing but silence. It was louder than noise. I ran harder until I got to Gray's. I pounded on the door yelling, "Gray! Gray open up!"

He opened the door looking tired. He yawned, "What's wrong Lucy?"

"Natsu...he's fighting Dreydek...alone," I pant.

"What?! That flame brain! Alright, I'll go find him. Get Erza," he finished. I nodded and turned to head for Erza's. Before I could take off he grabbed my wrist.

"Don't worry too much about him Lucy. He's strong," he assured me.

"Yeah, that's what I'm worried about," I look away and shake him off before running to get Erza. After waking up Erza--who was in armor the second I told her the problem, I ran in the direction of the flames and explosions.

I finally caught up to the scene and I froze the second I caught sight of the battle. Natsu was flying at a man with short brown hair, a long white coat with purple swirls along the bottom. His clothes underneath where black, but on his neck hung a necklace with a small blue dagger. On his face was a smirk, and an evil glint in his stare.

Even with the large gap between us I shuddered. He avoided Natsu's Sword Horn attack and was clipped by Erza's sword. The ground shook and he yelled, "Gaea's Revival: Earth Shift!"

Parts of the cracked stone and earth around him became sand, parts of it sinking into holes. Natsu and Erza quickly leapt away from it and onto solid earth.

Gray took stance and chanted, "Ice Make: Floor!" And slammed his hand into the shifting sand, freezing it. He smirked and straightened up just in time to avoid a rock flying for his head. Within seconds Erza was running at him at full speed and Natsu leapt off the ledge he was on to hit him from above.

Natsu yells, "Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!" And slams a fire ball into Dreydek. While he is caught off guard Erza slams him with her one hundred sword attack, as Gray fires off his lances. When the dust clears Dreydek pushes himself up from his knee. He still has a smirk on his face.

"Is this all you fairies have? My what a shame. That should make killing her," he looks at me, "quite easy." Natsu sees me and frowns.

Get the hell outta here!

No, I came to help! And I'm going to!

I'm getting you out of here, willingly or not.

I can't just let you guys fight for me!

This time there is no other options.

I'm coming down there!

Lucy!

Natsu looks to Erza and Gray and in a flash is running for me. I realize what he was about to do and try and move away, but he scooped me up and ran.

Put me down!

No, I'm getting you away from there.

I can fight too!

I don't want to give him the chance to hurt you!

But I'm strong enough to help...

He set me down and put his hands on my face. He looked me in the eye and said out loud, "I can't let him have the girl I love."

I grabbed one of his hands and brushed away a stray tear. "I should be helping you..." I murmur.

"No, Lucy this is one battle you don't have to fight. We are protecting you, like we have before," he gives me a grin. I can't help but give a small smile in return. He pulled his hands from my face and murmured, "Please stay here."

I shake my head, "I can't, I really want to help..."

"Go find Makarov then, he can help me take this guy down," Natsu says with his serious tone. I nod. Then he turns and runs back without a word. I take a deep breath...

And I run.