That night.

The next morning, I wake up at 8am. It's only 4 hours away until we bury Larry. I wake up, go downstairs, and Zak is sat at the table waiting the inevitable:

 I wake up, go downstairs, and Zak is sat at the table waiting the inevitable:

"Hey." I sigh. He looks up at me:

 He looks up at me:

"Hey. You look lovely." He says with sadness. I smiles slightly.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"No." He then bursts into tears. I try not to cry in front of him. I try to stay strong for him, but it's hard. Seeing him in this state is utterly killing me. I go over and slide my hand over his shoulders. He turns and throws his arms around my waist and smushes his face into my tummy, like a weeping child would his mother. I place my hand on the top of his head and comfort him. "Omia, I'm so sorry for what I said to you yesterday. I didn't mean what I said. Truth is...I don't know where I would be if I didn't have you." I look down at him and smile. He then buries his face back into my abdomen and sighs a very shaky sigh.

The next four hours drag.
I stand in the front row with Meredith and Nancy. There is an empty seat for Zak. When we are all told to stand. I stood on the aisle seat and we turn to watch as Larry's coffin is carried down the long aisle to the front. As Zak passes he holds out his hands and takes mine in his. He is holding back tears and lets go of my hand when he is out of my reach. The coffin is placed on the podium at the front and Zak lingers for a moment. He places his hand on the wooden box and lowers his head. He is then tapped on the shoulder by the priest and he comes to take his seat by us. In between me and his mom. His mom takes his hand and he places his other on my leg. I look down at his hand and smile back at him, sliding my hand into his.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I'm so sorry we are meeting on this occasion. However, Zak and Meredith, along with their mother Nancy would like to welcome you all in giving their beloved father and ex-husband a loved send off into the hands of god..." I stopped listening for a while after that. It was only when Zak got up to make his speech that I was grabbed to attention again.

"Good afternoon, thank you all for joining myself and my family in giving my father, Larry Bagans the closure on his life. My dad, was a remarkable man. He always treated myself and my M with the upmost love and respect. Protected us all and showed us a what it really meant to be happy. Since him moving out I have only recently began to find that happiness again and now he's gone. So has part of that happiness. When I was younger I was set of finding love like my Mom's and Dad's. When that broke apart so did my view on love. But no matter the distance between my dad and us he would always be there when we needed him the most...and now he's not..."Zak chokes. Causing me to break my barrier. "...there will never be another Larry Bagans, not like my dad anyway. I love you Dad and I hope wherever you go. You're happy and out of your pain. Thank you." He looks back at the coffin and then comes back to his seat. His grip on my thigh tighter and instead of being on the top it's more on my inner thigh and higher near my... anyway.