7: The Breakout

Third Person POV

I made a huge mistake. I don't think I can be with her.. I'll end up falling too hard. I need to break things off before I get myself in too deep. Kara thought as she stayed in her bathroom, trying to avoid the situation for as long as possible.

  'Holy shit. I was completely sober and I still can't remember what happened last night. Well, I had a few glasses of wine.. But that usually wouldn't do anything. All I know is that I'm naked in none other than Supergirl's apartment. The one person that I need to kill. I think I need to end things with her.. I need to stay true to my mission.' Lena thought as she scooted out of bed and swiftly put on the clothes she was wearing the night before.

  Kara left the bathroom and the two made eye contact. Both of them feeling a rush of love and guilt.

  "I think we need to break up." They said at the same time.

"What!?" Kara said.

"What?!" Lena said.

  "Well.. At least we are on the same page?" Kara said.

  "Why would you want to break up with me?" Lena asked.

  "I could ask you the same thing." Kara replied.

  "Fine. You're too distracting from my real mission." Lena said.

  "Which is?" Kara asked.

  "Like I would tell you." Lena rolled her eyes. "Why do you want to break up with me?"

  "I guess for the same reason. I can't be with you if I'm meant to be hunting you down." Kara said.

  "So are you going to take me in?" Lena asked.

"I don't know yet.. You really don't seem that evil. Is someone making you do this?" Kara asked. Lena froze. She wasn't sure whether to answer truthfully or not. Maybe Kara would get her out of that situation, or maybe it would make things worse.

"Nope. All me." Lena lied.

"I don't believe you." Kara said bluntly.

"You don't have to believe me. But it's true." Lena said.

"I think that deep down, you are a good person who's under the control of someone evil.. Your mother perhaps?" Kara raised an eyebrow. The mention of her mother cause Lena to tense up.

"Aha. It is your mother then." Kara said as she noticed Lena's tenseness.

"No." Lena looked away.

"I can help you, Lena.. Just let me help you." Kara inched closer to her.

"No you can't." Lena snapped back. "My brother already tried getting help, from Superman. But mother found out and killed him. It wasn't pretty either. She made me watch, so I knew what would happen to me if I ever dared to test her."

"That sounds awful.. But I can get you out of there.. I just need time to make a plan." Kara said.

"Its useless, Kara. I'm just eternally damned. It's fine, I've made my peace with it. I'm good with the person I've become." Lena said.

"I'm not going to give up on you, Lena." Kara said, rubbing her shoulder.

"Why are you so nice to me? I've literally been tasked to kidnap or kill you." Lena asked.

"I uh.. I didn't know that last part.." Kara shyly chuckled. "But from what I've seen from you so far, is that you are an amazing and funny person underneath that dark shell."