chapter 4

The whole week was down and I got just a couple of customers. I was tired to be positive now. Maybe I can get more in the coming days, who knows.

I asked for reviews from people who visited me and they did say they liked my pastry as well as coffee. I hope they spread the word. But before that, I hope they were being truthful about what they said and I get some crowd soon enough.

Today was fine as well and I managed to get some countable customers. I looked at my bank account balance and shut the mobile as soon.

"I wasted so many bucks on decoration for no reason. No one is coming anyway," I groaned a little and sighed deeply when the door got pushed while making a pleasant sound.

I smiled while looking at my customer. "Hi," He said while coming in and leaving the door. It got closed in the back as he walked his way towards me.

"Hi, I thought you were joking when you said you liked my coffee and never visited this place even once," I said. He laughed wholeheartedly and shook his head.

"I got workload so my shifts were stretched but I anyway didn't know the address," he said. I nodded.

"I didn't think of giving it on my own. I felt too much to do so," I said truthfully. "You think a lot," He said.

I chuckled and took a deep breath. "I guess. Filter coffee then?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I don't possess much knowledge in the coffee department so you can serve me your best. Along with that strawberry pasty," he said while pointing at one. I looked at it for a few moments and then looked up at him.

He raised his eyebrows in questioning. "I could serve you fresh one tomorrow... I mean if you plan to come. That's from yesterday. I will give you pineapple one today," I said. He chuckled and nodded.

"Fine," He said.

I moved to the machines to get his coffee ready. "Where did you get the address?" I asked while being busy at work.

"You Amma gave me," He said. My eyes widened as I looked back at him. "Amma?" I asked.

He nodded. "I didn't know she was your Amma until she told me about Amma's Cafe or Kafa in the market," He said and chuckled by the end.

I smiled while looking back at the cup in hand and mixture in it before shaking my head negatively.

"I asked her to promote," I said in a low voice while continuing my work. "I am glad someone did," He said.

I nodded without looking at him. "You could have asked," I said and gave him a brief look. He smiled.

"Sorry, I thought it would make you awkward," He said and added as soon, "I mean I didn't want to look like a stalker."

I laughed while getting back to him with a cup of coffee and putting it in front. I walked to get one dish and took out a pineapple pastry. I walked back to him and put the dish in front along with a fork.

He stared at the pastry for some time and looked at me. "I don't like pineapple pastry though," he said. I smiled and gestured at the dish. "You'll like this," I said confidently.

He nodded before moving his fork and taking a bite. He made an impressive face while chewing it. "I'm not really faking it but this is genuinely good," He said and took another bite.

I smiled again but sighed when my gaze moved around the empty cafe. "Yet there are no people," I said and chuckled sadly.

He looked up at me and put the fork down. "Maybe you should try to promote your products and then go for online sale as well," He asked.