chapter 11

I am tired of thinking all day and night. Madhavi put that seed of doubt and got busy with her life. I called her to empty my mind but she doesn't have time to talk. I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of the marriage that they don't even have time to talk with their old friends?

Forget talking but the girl who used to reply to my messages in a few minutes don't even read them till late in the night or sometimes I get a reply the next day. I don't like this, thus I decided to not bother her.

So, I thought of busying myself with learning something new and I learnt to make croissants. I tasted them with different fillings and I liked the taste but I'm an overthinking useless girl so, I need confirmation.

Again that thought took me to him and I felt sad all of sudden. It's been two weeks already. Right? Or did I lose the count?

Either he isn't back or he has cut me off completely. I sighed and looked at the four girls in their school uniforms making their way inside the cafe. I pressed a smile and walked towards the counter to take their orders.

They scanned the menu and looked past me. "Can we get 4 croissants?" One of them asked. I widened my eyes and shook my head awkwardly.

"Those aren't for sale yet. I mean... I am still working on them," I said stupidly and cursed myself beneath breaths. This was my golden opportunity to see their reactions but what if they taste terrible and they never visit my cafe again?

Why am I this way? Why do I keep thinking so much?

She smiled and nodded. "Then we will have 1 Americano, 2 Lattes and 1 plain hot coffee," she said and moved her gaze on the pastries before speaking again, "Along with one hazelnut cheesecake, one chocolate brownie and two pineapple pastries."

I smiled and nodded as I handed their receipt and completed the payment before walking towards the coffee making machines to get their coffees.

My eyes roamed on the croissants as the thought of letting them taste those crossed my mind but I shrugged it off while starting my work.

The ring above the door rang again and I moved my head back, ready to welcome another customer but I was surprised when he walked in with his pleasant smile. My eyes moved to the clock that showed 10 in the morning and I moved my confusing gaze back to him before rushing towards the counter.

"Why are you here so early? When did you come back?" I asked once he reached the counter. He chuckled while showing his cutest smile and got settled in the chair after keeping his bag down.

"Easy," he said and added, "I came early in the morning. I rushed to see you at the house but Amma said you left already. So came here."

I frowned. "What about work?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I am joining from Monday," he said. "I came two days early so that I can get to know this city better. I was getting bored back there anyway," he said and shrugged.

"City?" I asked. He nodded and looked past me. "Croissants? You learnt this and didn't even tell me?" He asked excitedly before looking at me.

"Umm... Those aren't that good but those are somewhat better than all the past attempts," I said awkwardly. He rolled his eyes.

"You and your doubtful mind. Give me one," He said. I nodded and walked back to get one. I put it on a plate and slid it before him.

"Excuse me. How much time is needed? We have classes to attend," the same girl from before asked while standing beside him at the counter.

I widened my eyes while having forgotten about them. I am the worst. How can he do that with me?

"Sorry. I'll get it in no time," I said while rushing to prepare the coffee.