chapter 18

That one day trip was a refreshing start for me after working day and night for the past few weeks. His friends were welcoming and just nice. They didn't let me feel out of the place and I feel that was good. I took them in the wrong way before.

The girl I got jealous of was Neha and I guess I took that in the wrong way too. She and Aarush are closer than the rest but their friendship is purest which I got to know now and I don't mind. I shouldn't.

I wasn't introduced as his girlfriend as it would have been awkward for me so he just referred to me as his friend but they got the signal anyway and kept teasing us. So basically I had a hard time coping with them but I didn't mind. It was a good time.

I opened my cafe early the next day and the crowd gathered again while making me feel happier. Aarush's long weekend didn't end yesterday as he had two more off days. So what was stopping him from joining me? He came to the cafe by the afternoon and started irritating me with the delivery thing again.

I asked him to take care of it on his own but he needed my opinion on everything as he says I own the cafe. It's true but I couldn't have gotten this success without him. I don't doubt him and I know whatever he will decide is for the best. Yet, here he is bugging me with his questions.

I forwarded a paper glass to one customer who asked me to pack the coffee and glared at him. "Go away. You are a distraction," I said.

He rolled his eyes and kept reading whatever article that he was reading to tell me many ways of online delivery or something. I just had my half attention towards him and I needed to put another half of my mind into making coffee before I ruin it.

"Dude, this is important too. Do you know you can make double or triple the profile by online selling?" He asked. I nodded while pressing a smile.

"Yes but what about facing the loss by your continuous nagging?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Think beyond this, love," He said. I scoffed and nodded. "Yeah?" I asked and pressed a smile at the customer waiting for me to get the orders.

"Aarush, at least help me by handling the counter. I'll listen to whatever you got to say later," I said while running around. He sighed and nodded.

"Fine," He murmured and got behind the counter as he smiled at the customer.

"Good afternoon, how can I help you?" He asked. I chuckled and shook my head before getting back to do my work.

I turned the plate on the door to tell people we have closed and locked the door before walking inside.

Aarush was cleaning the counter and I had to clean the machines. "Coffee?" I asked. He shrugged.

"By the way, I don't yet know your surname," I said while stopping before him. He laughed. "What difference will it do?" He asked.

"I don't know but I still want to know," I said. He raised his eyebrows as he stopped doing his work and faced me. "Why? Do you want to check whether you should join it or not?" He asked and contained his smile.

I scoffed and walked towards the coffee machine awkwardly. "Who said I want to marry you?" I asked while unable to find any different defence.

He laughed. "Okay, so you are fine with a live-in thing? Pretty modern. That's why I said just wearing modern clothes aren't enough to be a modern human," He said and started laughing when I gave him a death glare.

"I should beat you up," I said and he held his ears. "It's Aarush Sathe," He said. I nodded.

"So do you like it or should I change mine to yours?" He asked. I took the broom nearby and ran after him. He threw the clothe he was holding and ran to the other side.