chapter 16

I couldn't sleep the whole night. The look on his face and the words he spoke stayed with me and it made me furious for some unknown reasons. I am not a person to act this way but somehow it changed today.

I frowned and looked at the mobile laying close to me. It didn't blink once since I got on that bus and that added to my anger. But why was I angry? It was my fault to have not told him, right?

But why would he speak to me that way? He could have been understood me instead. I got up at my place and looked at the clock. It showed 5 in the morning. I wasn't going to get sleep anyway so I thought of getting ready and opening the cafe early.

I wasted a few days as I was busy with that event's preparation. So it's good to start early today.

It took me around 8 to get ready and come out of the house. My Amma and Ma noticed the change in my behaviour and asked me about it but I ignored the talk and walked outside after saying my bye.

I know I have to go through that questionnaire again once I get home in the evening but I'll think about it later. Right now, I have to focus on my day ahead.

I would have been excited but the events that occurred yesterday ruined my whole mood and I don't feel like doing anything at all but I have no option. In fact, it's good for me to keep myself busy in this mindset.

I took my usual route and reached the cafe by 9 in the morning. I cleaned it up within half an hour and was ready to serve my customers. I changed the plate on the door to open and got behind the counter.

A boy and a girl walked inside within less than 2 minutes and I was surprised with this progress. I was positive about the response today but sadly I don't have him to share that happiness with.

It wasn't my success alone but he had helped me a lot and I can't ever forget that no matter what. He made me furious but I know I won't be able to stay that way for long.

Besides, it's better to mend things rather than ruin them further. Especially, not with him. He has helped me a lot in the past and if I'm getting these people it's not me alone but it's him too. His anger was justified and I should have apologized in the morning at least but I ignored it and came here instead.

But more than anything, I miss him.

I could see the increased crowd at the cafe today. It was a good sign. I took my mobile with the thought of sending him a picture but put it down as soon. I will talk with him directly before using mobile as a communication medium before what happened between us.

The tables got full and I got a few calls to but I politely told them that the delivery service hasn't started yet. I need to get to it as well but I want to speak with him before.

I felt tired by the evening but I was happy feeling this way. It's exciting as my business is getting noticed. Appa must be happy too. I smiled while looking at his picture hung on the wall and thought of closing the cafe by 8 in the evening as I need to get back.

It's a 45 minutes journey minus the walking distance. I should seriously shift somewhere else or maybe rent a flat somewhere near so I can stay open till 10 or 11 in the night like others.

I put on the closed sign on the door and started winding up while humming the melody. It was the same tune I played for him before. That brings back all the memories with him and I feel sad while thinking about the same incident again.

Why do I have to feel angry? I never have acted that way before. I have gone to people and apologized even when it wasn't my mistake. Amma, Appa and Ma have always scolded me for the same then why just now?