23

Twenty Three

Kenzie

"I cannot believe you got her number," Calum laughed at Michael.

"In case Alex needs to talk," Michael argued.

"Or in case you want to go on a date," Ashton teased. After the court case Michael was thanking Crystal, and next thing you know he got her number and was planning to ask her on a date. We all went inside and immediately Alex perked up.

"Kenzie," he rushed over and tackled me into a hug.

"Hey buddy," I grinned and kissed his cheek. "Were you good?"

"Very good," he confirmed with a smile, then looked at Luke. "Did we win?" he questioned.

Luke chuckled, "Yeah, we did," Alex grinned and jumped up and down happily. "How about we get changed and we can decide what to do for dinner?" Luke suggested and we agreed. I went up to my room and changed out of my dress and into grey sweatpants and a brown and white striped crop top, which I wore yesterday but I didn't care. I threw my hair into a messy bun then went downstairs where Liz was waiting for everyone else. There was silence between us until she spoke up trying to engage me into a conversation.

"Alex was very sweet today," she told me and I lightly smiled.

"I'm glad,"

"Couldn't stop talking about you," she chuckled.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, he told me about how you would take him to Target and get him toys, showed me every toy he got, and talked about how he stays with you every night," she said. "You're a great sister,"

"Thanks,"

"How has it been with all boys?" she asked.

"It's been alright, kind of weird at times since it's only boys," I explained and she nodded.

"I understand that, I have three sons," she said.

"Three sons?" I questioned and she nodded. "Luke never said he had any brothers,"

"Two older brothers," she clarified. "Ben and Jack,"

"I didn't know that," I said.

"Calum had an older sister, Ashton has a younger brother and younger sister, and Michael is an only child," she added and I nodded. Luckily Luke and Alex had come back down with Luke carrying Alex who was finally wearing clothes. The rest of the guys had come down and we decided to order food. We ordered Red Robins, then Luke, Liz, and Alex went to pick it up. They asked if I wanted to go, but honestly I was way too exhausted to go. I laid down on the couch next to Ashton as we watched a baking show.

"Are you feeling any relief from today?" Ashton asked and I nodded.

"A lot,"

"Good," he lightly smiled as he stroked my hair. "Did you talk to Liz?"

"Yeah,"

"How was it?"

"It was good, I'm still not comfortable though," I admitted.

"It's alright. You used to not be comfortable with us, and now you are. It just takes time," he reminded me and I nodded. "Don't let any of us push you too far to where you're uncomfortable. You'll see her more throughout your life and one day you will be comfortable," he explained and I nodded. I laid closer to him and soon let myself fall to sleep from the long day I've had.