25

Twenty Five

Liz left the next day and Luke was researching schools for Alex and I. He insisted on putting us in a private school, which was weird in my opinion. Right now we were taking placement test for the schools. Luke and Ashton had brought Alex to his while Calum and Michael brought me to mine. For three hours I was just testing, and it was so draining. I was so tired of sitting in front of a screen and picking answers. Once I finished, I was sitting in the office with Michael and Calum waiting for the results so I could schedule my classes.

"So you want to get something to eat after this?" Calum asked and I nodded in agreement.

"Will I have to wear a uniform here?" I questioned.

"I don't think so, but there is a dress code," Michael told me and I nodded. Most schools had one, and they were pretty strict, especially for women. 

"How come the dress codes are more stern for girls?" I questioned quietly, not wanting anyone to hear me. "That's not fair,"

"Their excuse is so they won't distract men, but that's stupid," Calum quietly explained. "We'll talk more about it at home," he said and I nodded, glancing down at my hands. I was wearing a blue and green floral dress, white cardigan, and light pink converse. Would this be appropriate? Would it distract guys? Now I was insecure.

"Oh my God, I love your outfit," I looked up to see two girls running over to me. "It's so cute, where did you get it?"

"Oh, thanks," I lightly smiled. "I think American Eagle,"

"It's so cute," the other girl said and I thanked them again. "Are you new?"

"Yeah, I just took the placement test," I answered.

"I'm Macy, and this is Paisley,"

"Kenzie," I introduced myself.

"Are you a sophomore?"

"Depends on the placement test," I answered.

"You should take ceramics at 11:30 if you get to schedule electives," Paisley grinned. "We're both in it, and then try to get lunch after, you can sit with us and our friends,"

"Alright," I nodded in agreement, making a mental note. Before we could keep talking, the principal had called me back to his office with Michael and Calum.

"Hopefully we'll see you around," Macy grinned. I nodded in agreement and we made our way to the principal's office, both guys having a large smile on their face.

"Her standardized tests are great," the principal smiled. "She's above in everything, but especially English. She's testing in a college level for that,"

"That's awesome," Calum smiled at me, making me lightly smile and look down. I hated all the attention on me. The principal gave recommendations for what classes I should take, which was honors algebra 2, chemistry, and some college English and writing courses. I also got to pick electives, which I picked ceramics, and I got to pick my lunch, which I picked right after ceramics.

"I'm giving you the handbook and I recommend reading through it. We want our school presented properly," he handed me the book and I nodded. We finally got to leave after being given the handbook I had to read through. I started next week

"I didn;t know we had a genius on our hands," Michael smiled as we got in the car.

"I'm not a genius," I mumbled.

"I beg to differ," Calum hummed. We went home and I went up to my room, beginning to clean it up a little bit since I didn't have time in this morning.

"Calum and Michael told me about your scores," he grinned, "that's amazing,"

"It's not that impressive," I shrugged.

"I beg to different," he hummed as he pulled me into a hug.

"I made two friends today," I sat up and Luke smiled as he looked down at me.

"Did you?' he asked and I nodded.

"Their names are Macy and Paisley, I know I have two classes with them/.They told me to take ceramics with them and also lunch, and I like ceramics so I took it,"

"Good, you'll have fun," Luke grinned.

"Was Alex good?" I asked and Luke nodded as I let go of the hug.

"He's a little bit behind but nothing is a major problem," Luke said and I nodded. "He loves the school though,"

"Good," I smiled lightly.