10 - Scott Whorying

The boys separated and shook it off quickly. They had never had many awkward moments. They've always been best friends. They're the type that can never get bored of each other. Intimidation, however, was an entirely different story.

Once the door slammed, the boys just thought it was one of those coincidental moments. Scott thought to retaliate and immediately tickled Mitch, wanting to ruin their awkward moment and make it normal again.

"SCOTT HOYING, NO!" Mitch squealed. He took the hint and folded in a ticklish manner. "Stop it right now before I hurt you!"

Scott continued to tickle Mitch until the make-up artist walked in and interrupted their fun. She got the boys dolled up, literally. While she worked on Scott's face, Mitch went over to the couch that was in their dressing room and pulled his journal out of his bag and began jotting down a few more lyrics in his book. He wasn't sure where they'd go. He just felt the need to say them.

Stripped down to my heart

Naked to the core

All of me uncharted

Begs to be explored.

It was a short thought with a long meaning. Mitch couldn't quite figure it out. Something was different about Scott. Why was he just doing these things? Maybe Scott was just having a crazy-filled day? Who knew. He hadn't seen Alex in a week since he's been on a business trip, so maybe he's just filling the void? Mitch wouldn't receive his answers for awhile, if ever.

—-

Within the hour, Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling had made their way to the stage and were practicing a few of their dance moves. Kirstie would exchange glances with Avi every now and then and bust up laughing. Avi was the least coordinated out of the group.

"I keep tripping over my feet!" Avi frowned.

"I don't see how!" Kirstie giggled. "You hardly even move. It's mostly with your hands." She leaned in and gave him a gentle peck on the cheek, trying to not ruin his flawless doll make up.

"No PDA!" Scott groaned jokingly, shielding his eyes from the newly formed couple. He couldn't help but be happy for them. Avi had always been fond of Kirstie since they formed Pentatonix, but he didn't want to act on it. Ever since she and Jeremy had broken up, Avi had been there for her. It was bound to happen. 

"You're just jealous because Kirky isn't here to kiss you." Kirstie stuck her tongue out at Scott. He glared at her playfully.

The band filmed for two hours, getting some perfect moments. The final filming scene would be between the two string players, so everyone went to their dressing rooms to strip their outfits and make up off. The four managed to make it back in time to see a few minutes of filming of the string players.

"Do you see something happening here? Because I totally do." Kirstie smiled. Kevin was standing off screen and admiring Lindsey's art. She was a different breed of musician. Not only could she play beautifully, but she incorporated dance. Kevin was smiling from ear to ear and wouldn't take his eyes off of her. She caught his glance a few times and would need to restart.

"They would be so good together!" Scott added.

—-

After filming, everyone decided to head out for a celebratory drink at a local bar.

"Cheers to good company, good music, and good alcohol!" Mitch shouted, holding his glass in the air. Everyone cheered and raised their classes and they all drank together. Mitch was indescribably happy at that very moment. Kirstie had Avi. Kevin had Lindsey. He was with Scott at that moment, and it just felt perfect. Nothing could break their moment...

...except for Alexander Kirk.

"Surprise!" Alex ran up behind Scott and almost scared him, pulling him into a tight embrace. "A little birdie named Kirstie told me y'all would be here. Hope I'm not crashing your vibe."

Yes you are, Mitch thought. You're crashing mine.

"No, babe. You've just made it better!" Scott turned around and pressed his lips against Alex's. "Come dance with me!" Scott tugged Alex's hand onto the dance floor after Alex went through the group, giving everyone hugs. Everyone followed suit: Kirstie and Avi, Kevin and Lindsey. Mitch, however, remained at the bar and watched as everyone ran out onto the dance floor.

"This is just perfect." Mitch sighed and refused to watch everyone have fun. He turned around towards the bar and called to the bartender to make him a double vodka tonic. And another. And another. I'm Happy to Sloppy in zero to five seconds.

Time passed by and Mitch had finally gotten to that point where he couldn't tell what was up from down. His thoughts were racing ninety to nothing. He had no idea that his thoughts turned into speech. "Why did I do that? I'm such an idiot. Oh, I know why. Alexander Kirk. Wait. I'm not mad at Alex. I'm mad at Scott. He's such a whore. Scott Whorying. He's leading me on." Mitch spun around, hoping to catch a glance of Scott. The couples had submerged themselves deeper onto the dance floor and were nowhere to be found. "Of course. It's not like I exist or anything."

MItch spun back around in his bar stool, ready to call the bartender for another drink. He was determined to get ten times past his limit tonight. Let's see if he cares. Mitch opened his mouth and was about to call the bartender when another voice interrupted him.

"Mitch Grassi?" The voice came with a strong, firm grip on Mitch's shoulder. Mitch turned around quickly and focused in on who was speaking. It was the last person Mitch wanted to see. "Long time no see." Mitch was caught dead in his tracks. He opened his mouth and couldn't speak. He couldn't believe who was sitting next to him, but he hoped he'd be too drunk to remember the encounter the next morning.